Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater / Defrost slider unit question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
advman89
I have a 1971 914, and the current defrost unit is missing the "paint" on the surface of the faceplate. It's a sickly yellow and pepper look right now.

Are these basically the same on all models? The later ones look to have different graphics, but similar function--can I use a later one?

Is there a way to replace just the face plate without changing out the whole shebang?

If anyone has a decent one (not going for concours) PM me.

GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(advman89 @ Apr 11 2021, 10:32 PM) *

I have a 1971 914, and the current defrost unit is missing the "paint" on the surface of the faceplate. It's a sickly yellow and pepper look right now.

Are these basically the same on all models? The later ones look to have different graphics, but similar function--can I use a later one?

Is there a way to replace just the face plate without changing out the whole shebang?

If anyone has a decent one (not going for concours) PM me.

Yes they are different in appearance, function the same. I am just over in Portage Indiana about 30 miles east of Chicago. I have early one, but need to see how the graphics are on it. Sadly, you can't just replace the face, you have to replace the complete unit.

PM me your email address and I will send you some pictures of what I have before I go to work.
914werke
3 versions over the years
Early has no printing on it & a detachable chrome bezel
Mid had printing for functions & a chrome bezel
Late deleted the chrome & had a molded black bezel (w/printing)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.