Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carlisle Porsche Swap Meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
Remember, Carlisle isn’t just a good place to buy and sell parts, it’s a good place to meet to drop off and pick up parts you’ve previously purchased but are a pain to ship.

For example - Yesterday, I purchased a 911 quarter panel from a seller in KY. It would have cost me $125 to ship. The seller is coming to Carlisle so I’ll buy him lunch and he doesn’t need to pack and ship the item. Win-win.
TonyA
Hey I'll bring you a spark plug or two....do I get lunch? biggrin.gif
rgalla9146
Great solution Mark !
I'll be the first to chime in here.
A while ago I bought a front bumper near Philadelphia, New York and hope to connect
with someone from that area that plans to travel to the meet in Carlyle, Pa. on May 1st.
Anyone here from upstate NY planning to go to Carlyle ?
I am grateful and will pay for help.....PM me....TIA Rory
Unobtanium-inc
I once had a guy buy a complete 911 oil line setup from me and deliver it to Hershey. Great because being the length of the car you can't ship it. He shows up to pick it up, it's on my trailer, looks at it and says he will be right back. He goes over to the tool guy tent, the red one, and buys a hack saw. He then cuts the lines into 4 sections, dumping oil all over my trailer, grabs his pile of nothing and walks away.

But yes, I agree, the swap is a perfect place to pre-buy and get free delivery, I normally buy several dozen wheels for delivery at the swap.

See everyone there!
mepstein
QUOTE(TonyA @ Apr 12 2021, 06:07 PM) *

Hey I'll bring you a spark plug or two....do I get lunch? biggrin.gif

Tony - I owe you a better lunch than Carlisle. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.