Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 featured in PCA Article of the Week
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Manny Alban
https://www.pca.org/news/2021-04-13/914-mos...orsche-them-all

Good article about our favorite Porsche. Rob Sass is the Editor of Porsche Panorama (PCA's monthly magazine) and until recently, a 914 owner.
SKL1
Reading his monthly column in Pano, he seems to go through cars rather quickly. I don't think he has the "sentimental" gene. I fortunately or unfortunately do and tend to hang on to cars for extended periods of time.

His article hits i t on the head though. Back in the '70's my dad and I would take either his or my 914 to various races in the midwest, usually Road America, and had room for a big tent, sleeping bags, cooler, clothes etc. People at the campgrounds always marveled that we pulled all that stuff out of that car. My dad was a master packer!
Manny Alban
Rob and I are polar opposites when it comes to Porsche ownership. I've owned my 914 for 26 years, my 964 for 13 and our newest addition, an 05 Boxster S, for the past five years. Even my daily, a BMW 97 Z3, has been in our extended family since it was new (210K miles).
ClayPerrine
Manny,

Betty has owned her 914 for 36 years in May. I have owned my six conversion for 35 years.

Once we name a car, it is part of the family. And you can't sell your children.

Clay
Lucky9146
Nice article to add to the file. Thanks!
driving.gif white914.jpg
VegasRacer
Yup. biggrin.gif I tent camped in my first 914 at Laguna Seca for the Monterey Historics, back when I couldn't afford both a Pit Pass and a Hotel Room.

Overall, the 914 is like a beloved Jack Russell Terrier: frisky, well-designed for its purpose, and always ready to go.

Really, a Jack Russell ? dog.gif
That doesn't feel right, but I don't know what else I would pick. idea.gif
wysri9
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 13 2021, 07:29 PM) *

Yup. biggrin.gif I tent camped in my first 914 at Laguna Seca for the Monterey Historics, back when I couldn't afford both a Pit Pass and a Hotel Room.

Overall, the 914 is like a beloved Jack Russell Terrier: frisky, well-designed for its purpose, and always ready to go.

Really, a Jack Russell ? dog.gif
That doesn't feel right, but I don't know what else I would pick. idea.gif

Definitely Border Terrier smile.gif
StarBear
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 13 2021, 05:06 PM) *

Manny,

Betty has owned her 914 for 36 years in May. I have owned my six conversion for 35 years.

Once we name a car, it is part of the family. And you can't sell your children.

Clay

agree.gif Have had mine for 47 years; named it Frogger (Zambezi Green and the headlights were up) after the THEN popular Frogger video game. The big console 25 cent version at the local pub). Family; have included it in my Will.
Racer
While I love my 914's, I must confess, that while the 914 makes a great PORSCHE (aircooled, 4cyl, simple, light etc) the 944, to me, is much more "user friendly" classic with it's large hatch, +2 seating, large removeable sunroof panel, great cruising ride and, blasphemy, good working HVAC.

That said, because of all those things, I still think of the 944 as a "car" and not a real "Porsche".
Andyrew
I take it the author has never heard of a 924/928/944... You know, something with 4 seats and can double as a truck....

A 2 seater without AC IMHO is not a "usable" vehicle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.