Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spark Plug Wires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tvdinnerbythepool
Hope you guys and gals are all doing well!

Time to replace plug wires on my 1.7 D-Jet and was wondering on opinions of the group.

Some sets seem suspiciously cheap like $25 huh.gif

I came across these NGK wires that seemed priced more in line with good quality...

https://www.amazon.com/NGK-RC-VWC020-Spark-...2917&sr=8-1

input appreciated!

I did search through the forum but a lot of the threads were 10+ years old with some manufacturers NLA.

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif Sunny spring week up here in the PNW
wndsrfr
Clewett.
steuspeed
Just bought a Clewett Engineering set. They are pretty darn nice. They have an extra nylon sheath over the silicone. Large numbered wires. Not sure if they are any better than a NGK set?
Sycolyst
You can find that same exact set on Rock Auto for $20 cheaper. Decent quality for those dead presidents.
Mikey914
For Fuel injected I use the Bremi STI
Got them in stock
https://914rubber.com/spark-plug-wire-set-1

However if you have carbs the longer wire plugs will interfere with the intake manifolds. You need the Beru for that application. Yes we do have also .
tvdinnerbythepool
Thanks all!
steuspeed
Have you thought about or know of a source that have pop-in plastic plug wire clips that are larger than stock for larger 7-8mm wires? I noticed the clips on the tins, but they are unusable.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Apr 13 2021, 09:32 PM) *

Just bought a Clewett Engineering set. They are pretty darn nice. They have an extra nylon sheath over the silicone. Large numbered wires. Not sure if they are any better than a NGK set?

I just passed on an old set of clewett, the set may have been abused but I couldn't get over the cheap, dirt magnet, torn, nappy, all falling apart sheath.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.