Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC 2005.5
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
If you liked the non timed venue of the WCC track day, you'll like this. Los Angeles Shelby American Auto Club is putting on their track weekend 9/24-9/25 at Streets of Willow. $150 (+$20 for 2nd driver) for 2 days of open track, stay at Inn of Lancaster for $62.

I've been out there for two of these, and they are a real hoot. If you are not going to Red Rocks, c'mon out. $10 to get in, and last year they let all cars on the track for lunchtime parade laps.
Open Track

Carlitos Way
Hmmmm verry interwesting...

So.. does that mean running with the top on, or top off for 914's?

Any idea what the tech inspection would include?

C.
Howard
Topless is OK. Tech stuff is shown on entry form, about the same as WCC. And if anyone just wants to come and watch, think it's like $10 to get into the track on weekends.
VegasRacer
Count me out.

That is the same weekend as the Red Rocks Classic.

I hope others will seriously consider supporting a 914World.com event,
rather than hitting the track with a bunch of snakes.

user posted image
Howard
Wow, John. Sorry about that. Didn't check the calendar. Now I have to reconsider..What are the track fees at RRC? biggrin.gif
Flat VW
QUOTE (Howard @ Jul 20 2005, 04:27 PM)
Wow, John.  Sorry about that.  Didn't check the calendar.  Now I have to reconsider..What are the track fees at RRC?  :D

That is a GOOD QUESTION, Howard. smilie_pokal.gif

These "Red Rocks Classic" people are not being very forthcoming about the track fee for this event, I am sensing "cover-up". ohmy.gif

Why is it for each, and nearly every, event thrown around here the track fees are never finalized till the last possible moment? confused24.gif

I am thinking a Commission of Benefactors, will need to be convened as soon as possible to recon this matter for the benefit of the general membership, of which, of course, I am a part of, and advocate for.

regards,

John B. Unthank
Membership Advocate

"always remember, with membership comes privilege and also responsibility"

dekman
Howard...sounds like fun. If I lived in colorado, arizona or utah I'd love to go to the RED ROCK Classic. But I don't. Can't take off a week right now. Hey, how do you think we would do against a bunch cobras at streets? driving.gif
Howard
Rob, this is a non timed non competitive event laugh.gif
Having said that, we kick their asses at SOW. But these little pests (there's usually a dozen or so of them there) require a bit of work.

Anyway, i signed up, can't do Red Rocks this year.
brant
Regarding the Red Rock Classic track fee's.
I'm assuming that everyone saw the umhhh AutoX course that Greg is putting together? (different thread)

so you can run that course and the fee will be 1 Dollar.

pay that to me directly...
not to the RRC register, just me directly.
(I'm going to use the money to buy a 6pack and watch you)

oh... and for the 1$ you can have as many runs as you desire.... as if

brant
dekman
Love to go Howard! But need to check with the wife of course.... I prefer non-timed driving events...more fun to just drive the car , not beat the clock. Will let you know...............rob boldblue.gif
Howard
bbbbbbbbump! chatsmiley.gif
dekman
If Howard goes to a Shelby or any event .... it becomes a "914 event"....because he is our fearless leader! See you there pray.gif
Mrs. K
tunez.gif We love you Howie....oh yes we doooooo rock_band.gif

Lisa jester.gif
Toast
Not this again Howie. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.