Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Funny ice carving e-mail...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
I guess the guy found me with a search engine confused24.gif

PRO ICE

Here's what came at me: lol2.gif

" Hi

I'm currently looking into opening a 'permanent' semi ice bar in Durban-South Africa. I've been looking for talented Professional sculptors for some time now who would be able to conduct the job in constructing the bar and its necessities needed in keeping it permanent.

Just a couple questions before I take my plan further.

Has your company constructed bars or night clubs made mostly (not completely) of ice, as in furniture, bars, shelving and features/sculptures refridgeration, glasses etc?

Would your company be willing to do an international construction?

And is it possible to have a permanent ice bar in a location with South Africa's 12-30 degree all year round climate? Is there cooling and sealing systems that can make this a possibility?

I hope that your company could assist me with their professionalism, creativity and knowledge into making this project a success.I,m looking at an Absolut ice similarity, but more semi ice rather than a completely ice constructed bar/lounge. Could you please forward me an offer and your conditions.

Hope to hear from you soon

Yours Faithfully

Dillon Garvie "

idea.gif

KT
Tom Perso
Is that you in the pictures? You can carve a mean block of ice!!!

Tom
Jenny
I always question people's intentions when they sign letters with "Yours faithfully" or "Your Humble Servant." wacko.gif

Jen
SirAndy
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jul 20 2005, 04:29 PM)
I always question people's intentions when they sign letters with "Yours faithfully" or "Your Humble Servant." wacko.gif

Jen

naaa, that guy is legit. he can spell! biggrin.gif

i'd write him back and see what he has to say. i don't know nothing about Durban, but capetown is a beautiful city!

oh, and while you're down there, will you check out a castle for sale for me? i'd like to retire there some day ...
cool.gif Andy
Trekkor
Is that you in the pictures?

Back when I was skinny... unsure.gif

KT
grantsfo
Trekkor this is the same format my Mother-in-law got based on her website. She is an oil painter. People pretending to want to buy something and then it ends up being one of those schemes where they want you to send some money in exchange for more money.

I screwed around with them for a couple of weeks saying I was her business agent. Then said I forwarded the $$$ to western union etc. in the mean time I reported then to FBI and to the ISP who they were using.

Oh might as well give her some PR since this is about art.

Beverly Moore Paintings
redshift
I'd like a n ice car. Spaces people!

Dood, that is cool... literally.

smile.gif

M
Joe Ricard
Can you take your car. and soes he know what is Autocross?

Hey I got my priorities. and a one track mind biggrin.gif
nebreitling
it'd be a cool gig... but be dUbious.
VegasRacer
Forward the e-mail to Bruce (GWN7). He is from Canada, so I am sure he knows how to build an igloo. He has shown us he can make a 914 out of jello or chocolate. He seems like a natural for the ice bar job.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.