Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel vapor venting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dion
So, I don’t have a charcoal canister. I’ve eliminated the lines and holders that are in the left long area. I was hoping to mimic the 914-6 set up as I’m installing a six.
I was wondering if anyone knows the name of the plastic piece that joins the expansion tank with the fuel overflow tube. I have a pic pulled off the net but no official name for it.
What are the odds of getting one on a WTB add? If anyone has an idea on one or something similar, be cool.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dion @ Apr 14 2021, 10:35 AM) *
I’ve eliminated the lines and holders that are in the left long area. I was hoping to mimic the 914-6 set up as I’m installing a six.

Probably the worst decision i've ever made when i did my car.
icon8.gif

The overflow drain works but without the charcoal canister, you will get nauseating fuel vapors inside the cabin every time you take a spirited turn with 3/4+ gas in the tank.
barf.gif

When i'm done with my real /6 it'll have a fully functional charcoal canister setup.
shades.gif

Dion
@SirAndy hmmmm ok. I’ll see what I can muster up then with regards to venting. Have it go to a charcoal canister then I guess I can direct it down & out. Let me have a think on this. Thanks
Steve
On my 3.2 conversion, i installed a 75 charcoal canister in front of the battery where the 4 banger computer goes. This way I only had to run one line from the tank to the engine compartment. No vapors in the garage or the car.
ClayPerrine
I just finished up the process of installing all the plastic lines in the left long for the canister. I will hook it up like the 964 canister purge setup.

The canister and associated lines are negligible in weight, and make the car much nicer... no gas smell. And it is better for the environment.

I will be putting them back on the factory six after I finish this one.

Clay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.