Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All Things Must Pass
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
Time is up on my current (don't tell the wife on "current") 914-6 conversion project. I have been working with BAT - Bring A Trailer - auction staff to craft a decent representation of the work on this car. I will post a link for your guys to check it out.

As Little Feat sang, Let It Roll............

Sidebar: The choice to offer my 914 for sale is not due to financial difficulties due to an unexpected baby (or crafty attorney) or some other typical calamity that befalls the average 70 year-old with a nickel in his pocket, it is due to Devine intervention. After selling our Cali coast home for dumbass millions, we purchased our third home in AZ - this one in the local mountains to escape the summer heat of Scottsdale. Dodging Elk on the highway at speed, however, is a regular thing on the way up the mountain. And I met two Bull Elk in two trips. A 914 is a great car. Brakes are a great thing. At night (encounter 1) lights are a really great thing.

Check out the auction and wish me luck if so inclined.
My new (2010) Boxster will do for now.
beerchug.gif

bzettner
LOVE the "dumbass millions" description! beerchug.gif

To clarify, you now have (3) houses, all in Arizona?

Good luck on BaT!
PanelBilly
Hope it goes for millions! Watch out for those moving road blocks
Cairo94507
GLWTS. Someone is going to get a beautiful 914. Let's see some pics of the Boxster- the offspring of the 914. I love the Boxster and almost had an '09 S PDK in Macadamia with a brown top and interior but the price just was not right.
Root_Werks
Had a million 914's and a dozen Boxsters, like them both. GLWTS, very sharp looking 914!
forrestkhaag
Thanks for the wishes on the auction / and Yes three houses in AZ now in various places to adjust to garage storage options and desert climate issues.... all three with two-car garages - one has a two post lift on site...........

Basalt Metallic Black over tan leather. 6 speed stick. the color of the interior is not as washed out as it appears in some photos... It is more the color and density of gooey peanut butter... lol-2.gif
Superhawk996
I'm confused.

Is the discussion that the Boxter is safer in a collision with an Elk or is it simply that the 914 is being saved from that possibility? idea.gif

confused24.gif Either way, someone will get a beautiful car once it goes on the auction block. GLWTS

popcorn[1].gif
Steve
Gonna miss you Forrest!! Don't be a stranger.
914_teener
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 15 2021, 09:59 AM) *

Gonna miss you Forrest!! Don't be a stranger.

Jeez...got some catching up to do.

I see a Macan in your future Forrest.....AWD is a must in the "High Country".

You'll need two sets of tires....so order it with 20 inch rims and a set of 21's.

Your'e welcome in Prescott anytime.
Cairo94507
I have to give the Macan a big thumbs-up. We have a '17 GTS that's loaded and my wife and I both love it. Drives like a sports car and sounds great too.
914_teener
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Apr 15 2021, 03:48 PM) *

I have to give the Macan a big thumbs-up. We have a '17 GTS that's loaded and my wife and I both love it. Drives like a sports car and sounds great too.

Yep..mine is an 18 also up optioned. 265 fronts and 295 in the rear. It is a beast with the Summer tires and is great in the snow with the all season P Zeros.

GLWTS Forrest. I know whomever gets it will get a great driving car...you put a lot of work into and lots of memories too.
MM1
I just love a narrow-body 6 - GLWTS, Forrest!

Just curious - why not upgrade the lights/brakes and give ol' Mr. Elk and friends the slip?

Or is that stuff already planned for the "next" (shhsss) 6? evilgrin.gif idea.gif
flat4guy
Love your 914 - beautiful.
Coondog
Say it isn’t so Forrest...,, shades.gif Always had interesting conversations with you. Best wishes, I know you wanted out of Laguna in a big way.
Geezer914
What color red is the 914?
AZBanks
I would say, "Don't do IT!", but the word, "current" implies there will be a "next".

Congrats on the sale of your house and welcome to full time AZ.

FYI, you could hold off on the sale until after the Rt 66 classic.
HIPPIEKILLER
Looks like you have same cars I do.

We’re missing you in SoCal Forrest.

beerchug.gif
Larmo63
A big part of Forrest will always reside in this car no matter who comes to own it.

Click to view attachment
HIPPIEKILLER
What a photograph!

That’s why is fast! It has 200horsepower and 1ponypower!
forrestkhaag
You guys are the salt of the road. I mean that from the bottom of my oil pan.
if this goes well, watch out! I have my eyes on a few projects that will keep the fires burning,.

thanks to all// beerchug.gif

dax1969
WOW what a great car.... want this one and show off in Europe biggrin.gif

Or just adopt me biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

good luck with the sale !!

krgds
Dax
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.