Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VDO Elec. oil pres. gauge & sender, revisited ... again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914werke
Feeling pretty stupid today sad.gif
I dont recall ever having this problem before just bought parts assembled & worked.
But Im doing another, encountered the "key on" gauge pegs situation that Ive now checked with 3 gauges, 2 senders, direct wiring, check & re-check continuity & grounds
headbang.gif wacko.gif confused24.gif
Is this failure mode supposed to be TOO MUCH resistance or the LACK OF resistance (open)?
914werke
its too MUCH resitance ... smile.gif
(in my best "chaurch lady" voice) ...nevermind! biggrin.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(914werke @ Apr 15 2021, 06:48 PM) *

Feeling pretty stupid today sad.gif
I dont recall ever having this problem before just bought parts assembled & worked.
But Im doing another, encountered the "key on" gauge pegs situation that Ive now checked with 3 gauges, 2 senders, direct wiring, check & re-check continuity & grounds
headbang.gif wacko.gif confused24.gif
Is this failure mode supposed to be TOO MUCH resistance or the LACK OF resistance (open)?
QUOTE(914werke @ Apr 15 2021, 11:15 PM) *

its too MUCH resitance ... smile.gif
(in my best "chaurch lady" voice) ...nevermind! biggrin.gif

@914werke
well mine was doing this when i had a short in the signal on right front and the fuse blew so the gauge was pegged when key was turned on, is this what you are talking about being "too much" , it was a short in my situation , i have to replace the right front signal socket , i thought it was either the fog light switch, flasher or signal relay , and that was why i had asked you about the fog light switch. . if so where was your short?
framos914
popcorn[1].gif
I deleted some bad info I posted.
I just read that if it pegs with key on and engine off the wire to sender is open.
I wonder if you put a ground directly to the gauge and it doesn't peg that verifies an open wire since you had already replaced the sender.
Robarabian
So what was the fix.. I am experiencing something similar right now as well with oil pressure and fuel gauge..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.