Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F.S koni rear shocks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
72914wrx
Selling one set of rear koni shocks with springs . Asking 150
bdstone914
Have you removed the springs and tested the shocks by running the adjusters full range and see that they have smooth operation the full range of motion?
The amount of oil build up in the upper shocks shows some leakage has occured.
72914wrx
No I haven’t willing to take offers . Not sure what is fair on theses . Just a starting point
BillJ
I think what Bruce is suggesting is that we need to know if they work or not. If they are shot then they are worth nothing really but we need more info to assess that. Also - are you including the bottom mounting bolts and the lower mount ring? Unless you are going new will need those. Good luck with sale!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(BillJ @ Apr 19 2021, 12:21 PM) *

If they are shot then they are worth nothing

That is not entirely true. If they are shot, you can send them to Koni for rebulid. Yes, it lowers the value of them if they are completely shot, but they are definitely worth more than a dead KYB (AKA scrap metal).

Clay
BillJ
Yes have heard of folks doing that and curious on cost. I had one front shock that wasnt right so just did koni adjustables all around and was under $800 for all new. If rebuilds are reasonable then could be a good path. Good luck seller and Clay appreciate the refinement on my response.
brant
I believe a koni rebuild cost more than a brand new koni

so unless a person really wanted to keep the old shock..
they are essentially worthless if they test bad from taking them apart and checking range of motion
Tdskip
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 19 2021, 01:59 PM) *

they are essentially worthless if they test bad from taking them apart and checking range of motion

^^^^^^
True, like nearly double the cost all-in actually.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Apr 19 2021, 02:03 PM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Apr 19 2021, 01:59 PM) *

^^^^^^
True, like nearly double the cost all-in actually.

I was not aware it was that expensive to have them rebuilt.

Clay
BillJ
Does that mean you revise your statement Clay? lol. J/K.

In order to test these then assume he needs to remove the springs then make sure the struts are not leaking then what is the behavior he should expect from shocks that are still good?
bdstone914
QUOTE(BillJ @ Apr 19 2021, 01:58 PM) *

In order to test these then assume he needs to remove the springs then make sure the struts are not leaking then what is the behavior he should expect from shocks that are still good?

Resistance should be firm the full stroke. The adjustemnt should go 2-3/4 turns and stop. Should be much more firm when set on heavy.
I tested about 20 and more than half were shot.
bdstone914
QUOTE(BillJ @ Apr 19 2021, 01:58 PM) *

Resistance should be firm the full stroke. The adjustemnt should go 2-3/4 turns and stop. Should be much more firm when set on heavy.
I tested about 20 and more than half were shot.
72914wrx
Sold pending payment thank you !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.