Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Buggy?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flesburg
Please do not make too much fun of me, but I have a question for all you California teeners.

We stopped in a "new" shop in Liberty on Saturday called bugs and buggies, and they had about a dozen buggies and even one with a glass bug convertable body, chopped, channeled, sectioned etc. All of them use beetle suspensions and engine transmission parts. Most of these are set up for the street, because in this part of the world there are not many opportinities for "dune" driving.

Have any of you seen a street buggie that uses 914 parts? We have enough trailing arms, axels, 901 boxes, type IV engines, front ends etc to build a couple of them. A mid-engine buggie with decent suspension, brakes, tires and 100 hp might be fun to build and drive.
nebreitling
never seen a buggy 914 (there is the baja car, but i think that was just some body work on top of some other platform). there are certainly a lot of TIV powered buggies and such -- many making well over 100hp!

it's always been a wild hair of mine to build a 914 rally car, or a 914 pikes peak car, or something like that. even just entering a 914 in a rallycross would be a blast, although i'm sure it'd get blasted by the subies and such....

user posted image

user posted image
Aaron Cox
a pair of 914world.com members in socal are well on their way to complete their rally914
nebreitling
REALLY? i don't suppose you can tell me who? or what the plans for the car are?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (nebreitling @ Jul 20 2005, 10:27 PM)
REALLY? i don't suppose you can tell me who? or what the plans for the car are?

im sure they will debut it when it is ready.....

ill call them and tell them there is some interest in their beasty wink.gif
ArtechnikA
there are many tube-frame midengine buggies - get a copy of "Dune Buggies & Hot VW's" at the grocery store and check the ads.

sporty-car trailing arms are inappropriate for this, tho -- you'll need way more suspension travel unless you're just going for "the look" ...
JeffBowlsby
biggrin.gif
DBCooper
That's FAT's specialty, thirty years or so.
GTeener
smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.