Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake pressure regulator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
robkammer
Hello all, rebuilding the brake system on my new to me, as yet not driven BB is getting to be a much more difficult process than it should be.
The pressure regulator I've been supplied looks like it may be from an early model and my car is a 74. Is there a difference or are the two models different in some way? I've not yet held it up to the car but it looks like it will bolt right on.
Any input would be appreciated. I'll post pics when I get to my shop this afternoon
Thanks!
IronHillRestorations
I think they are all the same
mepstein
Just the brass fitting at the top is different.
iankarr
The early has two ports. Late has three. Or vice versa. My June 74 ravenna car has three (top, bottom and side). The bumblebee has two (top and bottom)
robkammer
Thanks all, it turn out I was mis-remebering. The two are identical. Now it only has not to leak like the last one I had rebuilt.
bdstone914
QUOTE(robkammer @ Apr 23 2021, 07:21 AM) *

Thanks all, it turn out I was mis-remebering. The two are identical. Now it only has not to leak like the last one I had rebuilt.

@robkammer

PET shows the different part numbers. I think they are not the same. I know one type is needed for 6 conversions to avoid an interferance problem.
mepstein
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 23 2021, 05:13 PM) *

QUOTE(robkammer @ Apr 23 2021, 07:21 AM) *

@robkammer

PET shows the different part numbers. I think they are not the same. I know one type is needed for 6 conversions to avoid an interferance problem.

The 914-6 regulator is different than the 4. I think the internal spring has a slightly different rate.

I think it's the routing on the early 914-4 that makes it easier to install a six mount. I didn't have to change mine on my 3.2 conversion. Might also be engine mount dependent.
Montreal914
For all your brakes need, contact Eric Shea at PMB performance. He will set you up.

Good luck with your nice car! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.