Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turbo Brakes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MJHanna
Are 944 turbo brakes (86) the same as 930’s????
seanery
nope.

I have a 86 944 turbo, they are different. I've been told that they are similar to the 964 brakes, but haven't look at the 964 stuff.

I put the 944 turbo brakes on the front of my 74 914 and boxster rears on the back. Rich Johnson makes adapters to do boxster front and rear.

The turbo brakes are more expensive and from what I've been told not as good as the 951 brakes.
Jeroen
The good part of 944turbo (and Boxster calipers as well) is that you can use the carrera 3.2 rotors (cheaper than having to modify your front susp. to accept 930 rotors)

With a set up like that, it would take you quite an engine in your 914 before your brakes would start to fade

The Boxster calipers fit inside a 15" wheel
Not sure about the 944turbo calipers though

The Boxster calipers need an adapter to bolt to a 911 (pre 89) strut
The 944turbo need to have new mounting holes machined into them to bolt to the strut
Both need the late style strut with the 3.5" mounting ears

cheers,

Jeroen
(with 944t calipers on his '87 carrera)
914Timo
I just bought pair of 944T front calipers too. I am not sure, but maybe I will use them with 911 turbo front disks. Before that i have to decide how to, and if I will try to lower my front spindles. But, thats an other story....

Does anybody have any pics and/or data about those boxter rear calipers ??

Seanery, what do you think about the brake balance between front and rear after the swap ? What kind of disks do you use ??
seanery
IIRC its Carrera up front and 911 (74-77ish) I'll have to check.

The 951 and Boxster's match nicely. I also have a Tilton brake bias to dial it in for the track but haven't installed it yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.