Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody know this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
live free & drive
Hi,

Anyone know this car:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/4...4b-4db78f6a086a

Looks well done from pics on dealership site, but no pics of engine/transmission.
bretth
Interesting I have always heard the boxster motor was too wide to fit. The VIN listed is obviously wrong. Strange not to show the motor or suspension that would probably have to be completely reengineered. Maybe one of you guys on Long Island can go get pics of this.
bretth
More pics on website https://www.motorcarclassics.com/1970-porsche-914-c-673.htm but still no engine shots. Strange
there is no visible opening in the front for the radiator.
mate914
No front trunk....
I do like the air conditioning.
Matt
Mark Henry
I'd like to see the engine and transmission as well, but the info says it has a 915 transmission ('77 porsche 911) why would you do that?
Jamie
Would be a nightmare to find replacement parts with such a wide variety of mods, but I love the metallic green paint! aktion035.gif
Jett
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 24 2021, 08:25 AM) *

I'd like to see the engine and transmission as well, but the info says it has a 915 transmission ('77 porsche 911) why would you do that?

My 77 915 is well sorted and it still has a lot of room for improvement... sad.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Jett @ Apr 24 2021, 12:03 PM) *

My 77 915 is well sorted and it still has a lot of room for improvement... sad.gif

Not just that why wouldn't you use the 6 speed, cable shifter, no engine trans adapter, flywheel and use the stock boxster starter.
barefoot
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 24 2021, 12:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Jett @ Apr 24 2021, 12:03 PM) *

Not just that why wouldn't you use the 6 speed, cable shifter, no engine trans adapter, flywheel and use the stock boxster starter.

Ad is confusing, says Boxter 6 speed, then talks about 915 tranny ????
Barefoot
76-914
Terrible ground clearance. I thought it had a hernia at first glance. Looks like a 12 yr old did the exhaust system. barf.gif I wonder how well that AC works w/o any real frontal area for the condenser? If the engine work was anything to show off they'd have posted pic's of the engine bay. And for that matter a pic showing the underside. It is a beautiful color though. beerchug.gif
73-914
I bet A/C condenser is in front of the radiator
Cairo94507
So the main selling feature if that car is apparently having an engine from a Boxster and yet not a single picture. Additionally, that exhaust looks as if some complete moron installed it, as low as it is hanging. That looks very bad. Also, that is not Irish Green and the paint job looks like they just taped everything off and shot it. Some basic stuff and the seller blew it. This is one of those cars you must see in person before shelling out a single dime. beerchug.gif
MM1
QUOTE(bretth @ Apr 24 2021, 09:45 AM) *

Interesting I have always heard the boxster motor was too wide to fit. The VIN listed is obviously wrong. Strange not to show the motor or suspension that would probably have to be completely reengineered. Maybe one of you guys on Long Island can go get pics of this.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...conversion.html
Andyrew
You could easily run the 5 speed with that power too and it's lighter than the 915 trans. No monkey business with adapters or plates or wired clutches either.

I like the car! The sellers need to work on presenting such a custom car though.....
burton73
You can get a 13,000 mile 2018 17 18 19 Porsche Cayman 718 2.0L 300 hp Turbo Takeout Engine 13k #1396
for $2,000 on ebay. If these fit this can work I guess.

Bob B

Click to view attachment

I see that there is one for $5,000 with full intake and turbo. I guess you have to shop.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.