Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior "order"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Calwaterbear
Ok so my 72 is completely empty inside, I pulled out everything, did all the sheet metal repair. this week I put in a new dash vinyl covering and the dash cover from 914 rubber. so on to the next job. is there a logistically best order?

should I do the back pad next? or the carpet kit?

I just want to do things one time, and not have to backtrack, so I'm looking for the voice of experience to guide me to my next step in this process!
Cairo94507
Have you already put down some form of DynaMatt on the engine firewall, floors, inside the doors, etc? I would get that done and then tackle the carpet kit. Then if you have a console get that in. Then the back pad. Then seats, and door panels last. beerchug.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(Calwaterbear @ Apr 25 2021, 08:19 AM) *

Ok so my 72 is completely empty inside, I pulled out everything, did all the sheet metal repair. this week I put in a new dash vinyl covering and the dash cover from 914 rubber. so on to the next job. is there a logistically best order?

should I do the back pad next? or the carpet kit?

I just want to do things one time, and not have to backtrack, so I'm looking for the voice of experience to guide me to my next step in this process!

Cal-Bears-H2O-Polo/Swim (translating for your code?) -

Before you do the carpets, etc. -

Check that you've got all of your wiring & controls' cables pulled & attached, check that your clutch cable is ready & it's center console tube don't need re-welding/repair (at firewall end & center tunnel near the shifter are the usual culprit areas), which is all easier while the cabin is cleared out, & some must be done first;

And don't forget to reapply the floor tar sheets (AA sells them pre-cut) or Soundmat, etc, & the back wall insulation/mat, etc. that goes under the carpet set;

Plus the Floor vinyl at the front of seat cross-member/rise & center (AA & maybe 914Rubber &/or others sell the pre-cut black vinyl kits - all were black regardless of interior colors);

Plus any touch-ups &/or rust treatments as needed;

And you may want to shoot pix of your dash underside factory markings while you have good access with the cabin cleared out.

I'm sure others will add more items.

Have at it! beerchug.gif
SoCalRugbySoccerTrojan wink.gif

aka Tom
///////
Calwaterbear
Thanks Guys I'll get on the dynamat roght away.
and Tom to answer your question - No

In reality just a research Biologist working with Tardigrdes (AKA waterbears) and i live in California - no secret code!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.