Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wolfsburg crest horn pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
So I picked up this 73 gem back in January in Wisconsin along with 75 1.8 in even worse condition. Finally getting around to pulling items off. It has two unique items. One are the style of foglights and the other is Wolfsburg horn pad. I have only seen this pad on one other 914 and that was years ago on another parts car.

Anyone know what the story is on them?
914xr75
The Wolfsburg horn pad is from a European 914.
Dion
Garold, those I believe are driving lamps as opposed to typical fogs. H1 or H3, I think I remember reading H3 were for Italy.
davep
Those front lights appear to be the set that I have been looking for. Are they available?
Dave
ConeDodger
QUOTE(914xr75 @ Apr 25 2021, 02:58 PM) *

The Wolfsburg horn pad is from a European 914.

Or Canadian. More accurately, a non-US model.
davep
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 27 2021, 09:39 AM) *

Or Canadian. More accurately, a non-US model.

Absolutely incorrect. No Wolfsburg crest on Canadian cars. The Canadian and US markets were very integrated, and we had most of the same requirements as south of the border. Laminated windshields, sealed beam headlights, tungsten fog lights, same bumper options, same compliance decal. The manuals were a little different because we used the Imperial gallon while the US gallon is a fifth short, so we got 25% more miles per gallon.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(davep @ Apr 26 2021, 10:52 PM) *

Those front lights appear to be the set that I have been looking for. Are they available?
Dave

Dave is the difference the lens only ?..... or lens and reflector ?
Rory
davep
Rory, pretty much everything is different. This one is a driving light with H3 bulb instead of a fog light with tungsten. Technically illegal at the time, and probably is now as well; it was not allowed to be ordered in the day for North American delivery.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.