Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Didn't I Think of this Before
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
If you have a MaxJax I'm sure it is because your existing structure won't allow a standard lift. But on the other hand it would be nice if the Max Jax went just a little higher. Enough to give you some head clearance at least. The MaxJax comes with some extenders they refer to as a Pickup Kit. There are 4 of these extensions; one for each lift point. These will give you another ~4" clearance but still not enough for some of us. I thought I would turn some 6061 stock to make another set which would have given me 8" more than the lift does in it's standard configuration. To get an idea of what this would feel like AND to be sure I would clear the ceiling I put stacked 2 extensions on one end only, R&L sides. This gave me more clearance than if I lifted both ends 8". Think of a SeeSaw. The fulcrum point is only about 30% as high as either end when elevated. I could sit on my roll around adjustable stool with it adjusted as high as it will go and still had head clearance to the point where the engine bar crosses. Before I can fit the extensions I need to raise the car enough to roll a furniture dolly beneath the wheels with 2- 4x4's then lower the car on the dolly's. Only then can I fit the doubled extensions onto the jack. To quote Martin Short in the Cap't Ron Movie, "HUGE DIFFERENCE"!. Can't believe this didn't dawn on me earlier. headbang.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
mepstein
There are lots of YouTube tips for maxjax. I will eventually get some longer lines for mine and run them up to the ceiling and mount the power unit to the wall to get everything off the floor.
worn
Congratulations. Nice work.
Chris914n6
Nice thinking outside the box dude.

Side note- I just bought a set of those wheels in 7". What size spacers you using and any fitment issues?
Mark Henry
I have extenders on my full size lift, I drop the teen onto jack stands then add the extensions.
rgalla9146
Unique gallon container storage too !
76-914
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Apr 25 2021, 07:34 PM) *

Nice thinking outside the box dude.

Side note- I just bought a set of those wheels in 7". What size spacers you using and any fitment issues?

1" on the rear - 2" on the front. I have different size rims on the front & rear. No fitment issues or the fronts rubbing when turning either. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.