Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NASA has a ground wire problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
I heard on the radio that NASA believes the fuel sensor problem has been traced to a ground wire.

Why in the hell didn't they just post the question here? We all know that 9 out of 10 times when our cars don't start it because OF A GROUND WIRE PROBLEM!!!

"...make sure the engine ground wire is attached from the tranny to the car" How many times have we said that.

We could have that bad boy in orbit last week. wacko.gif headbang.gif boldblue.gif

Paul

maf914
QUOTE (URY914 @ Jul 21 2005, 04:55 AM)
We could have that bad boy in orbit last week. wacko.gif headbang.gif boldblue.gif

Hmmm, maybe... idea.gif

Have they checked the hell-hole lately? welder.gif laugh.gif
DNHunt
I agree. Ground problem. something that old probably has some green corrosion on the copper clear up under the insulation. They need to cut it back to bright metal and put on a new connector. It probably wouldn't hurt to put some dielectric grease on the connectors. While they are in there they should check to make sure all the cables are secured. Course they should check continuity. While they are at it they should check vacuum hoses and especially fuel lines, not to mention change the filters adjust the valves. Oh sh*t, they got Dirk Wright Disease.

Dave
Sparky
See NASA dumps Dave D. and all their troubleshooting skills go out the window!! Dave should send them an "I told you so..." confused24.gif

Mike D.

HarveyH
One of the problems with NASA is when they don't have DWD. Politics gets in the way of the real mission...
Harvey
wilchek
They should hire Burt Rutan, http://www.scaled.com/projects/tierone/ . I guess they are all afraid that he would show them how to do it with a 1/3 of the staff and without all the problems. Can you imagine driving a 73 car at 13,000 miles in hour and hope that all of 100,000 systems work. I am happy when my car start and idles correct (when two of the systems are working correctly.)
Root_Werks
Well, you can't just expect to pull something off of jack stands and have it run circle around the moon first time out! laugh.gif
Joe Ricard
Not to mention any time you have a funky gauge or light probblem you gotta check the brown chasis grounds and connections.
slap.gif
Geesh Hey admins set one of them Engineers up with a profile and account here.
"Rocket scientist" for log in name.
URY914
I remember reading somewhere that them NASA boys like Corvettes.

No wonder they got problems.... wacko.gif

Paul
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (Sparky @ Jul 21 2005, 05:59 AM)
See NASA dumps Dave D. and all their troubleshooting skills go out the window!! Dave should send them an "I told you so..." confused24.gif

chairfall.gif

--DD
ClayPerrine
I just had a strange vision of NASA rehiring DD and flying him out to the cape. Then DD was on the side of the shuttle tank wiggling wires and yelling "try cranking it now!!"

It wouldn't help anyway..... DD couldn't get his own 914 running, much less the shuttle...... laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.