Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shift Head Rod 91442424102 Wanted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
whathaveidone
Hey Everyone,

I am very new to this forum, and just as new to 914s. I bought 2.5 cars, worth of parts, but apparently there is not a single shift head.

Is there a cheaper option than this: Shift Head Link

I think I have all I need to try and start one car, but am having a hard time finding a 914.424.241.02 for a price/lead time that I am hoping for.

I did find this post from a while ago. Has anyone tried these versions, and will they work with a 1974 914 with a side shift? http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=345820

Thanks in advance for the advice!
-Pete
mepstein
welcome.png

I'm sure someone here will have one in the ~$50 price range.

@bdstone914
Montreal914
Yep, contact Bruce Stone as mentioned above. smilie_pokal.gif

I wouldn't waste to much time as Georges Hussey from Auto Atlanta is on the hunt for another quick bucks on these. He posted a WTB add offering $40 ea., and flips them for $255. dry.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=345820
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Apr 26 2021, 11:02 PM) *

Yep, contact Bruce Stone as mentioned above. smilie_pokal.gif

I wouldn't waste to much time as Georges Hussey from Auto Atlanta is on the hunt for another quick bucks on these. He posted a WTB add offering $40 ea., and flips them for $255. dry.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=345820

Business as usual.
bdstone914
QUOTE(whathaveidone @ Apr 26 2021, 06:49 PM) *

Hey Everyone,

I am very new to this forum, and just as new to 914s. I bought 2.5 cars, worth of parts, but apparently there is not a single shift head.

Is there a cheaper option than this: Shift Head Link

I think I have all I need to try and start one car, but am having a hard time finding a 914.424.241.02 for a price/lead time that I am hoping for.

I did find this post from a while ago. Has anyone tried these versions, and will they work with a 1974 914 with a side shift? http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=345820

Thanks in advance for the advice!
-Pete

I dont have any at this time. I am going to modify some of the tail shift ones by welding on an extension.
Maybe @Garoldshaffer has some.
mepstein
@914werke
GregAmy
I have two in the attic, removed to install Tangerine's shift rods. Can go looking for them. I like IPAs.

Edit: crap, just realized the Tangerine kit still uses that part. You can still send me IPA, though.
914Sixer
May have a spare, will have to check.
whathaveidone
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 27 2021, 10:26 AM) *

May have a spare, will have to check.

That would be awesome!

I am stretching my limits on this project. I think this is the last part I need to try to start the engine and check the transmission (lots of assumptions in that statement). If those check out I’m pretty sure I can get one to drive.

Thanks again!

aggiezig
I think I had a spare and I think I had it re-plated. Will check tomorrow
whathaveidone
Good news, I found one! Ended up a random google search put me in touch with someone 10 miles away. Thank you to everyone who went hunting for me. I'm sure I will be back soon with another question or request biggrin.gif
Van914
You must have met Hugh. Where are you located in Cincinnati? I’m close to Kings Island.
whathaveidone
QUOTE(Van914 @ May 3 2021, 08:09 AM) *

You must have met Hugh. Where are you located in Cincinnati? I’m close to Kings Island.

That’s who I met! I’m at the southwest tip of the Mason zip code, but I work near kings island. I’m amazed at how many 914ers there are around. I need to load some pictures of my car(s)...I have a loooong way to go, haha
Front yard mechanic
My names not Rod and quit calling me shift head!
Van914
I live in Landen. Yes there are quite a few 914's in town. We need to meet up soon.
Van

QUOTE(whathaveidone @ May 3 2021, 08:41 AM) *

QUOTE(Van914 @ May 3 2021, 08:09 AM) *

That’s who I met! I’m at the southwest tip of the Mason zip code, but I work near kings island. I’m amazed at how many 914ers there are around. I need to load some pictures of my car(s)...I have a loooong way to go, haha

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.