Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1971 1.7L MPS issue/question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RestoReese
So have been troubleshooting my warmed-up engine cutting out while slowing from 30+mph to a stop. The engine has been newly refurbished (rings, honed cylinders, everything cleaned/checked, new hoses, injectors rebuilt, relay board rebuilt, etc.) I assume it may be related to vacuum lines and have clamped all of the ends to ensure no leaks. AAR is working.

I am down to thinking it is the MPS. The car was inoperable for 10+ years prior to purchase and has a used spare. Correct MPS part number is showing #0280100049 for the car but MPS connected to engine is Bosch #0280100019 and holds 15in HG without leak down.

Spare is #0280100001 (which in doing some research appears to be for a VW Type 3 and has had epoxy removed and leaks (will hold vacuum if I cover the adjustment screw end so just needs epoxy to seal.

Engine runs well otherwise - at least until I can get it on the road for some longer higher speed runs - not willing to venture to far out until I get this solved first.

Before I try to find a used MPS with correct number, any ideas from the board?

JeffBowlsby
Use the 049, its correct for your car.
RestoReese
Thanks Jeff. Do you think that could be my gremlin?
JeffBowlsby
The MPS you currently run is not right, so its a place to start.
Arno914
IPB Image

IPB Image

RestoReese
Awesome parts list! Thanks!! Thank goodness for Google translate. Ersatzteil - Spare Part. Good to know!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.