Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: MPS for 1971 1.L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
RestoReese
Looking for a functional Manifold Pressure Sensor (MPS) Bosch Part #0280100049. No leaks and good Ohm readings necessary.

Or if you have a core you want to donate, will gladly will pay shipping. My cores aren't correct part number so can't even get refurbished.
bdstone914
QUOTE(RestoReese @ Apr 28 2021, 12:10 AM) *

Looking for a functional Manifold Pressure Sensor (MPS) Bosch Part #0280100049. No leaks and good Ohm readings necessary.

Or if you have a core you want to donate, will gladly will pay shipping. My cores aren't correct part number so can't even get refurbished.

@RestoReese

I have two with that part number. Will need to test them.
RestoReese
I am interested. I pulled the testing procedure below from rennlist:

Using a hand vacuum pump with a gauge (e.g., Actron model from Checker, about $30), pull a vacuum of 10 in. Hg on the sensing port of the MPS. If a vacuum cannot be pulled or it leaks down (< 5 in. Hg in one minute), then the sensor is leaky and must be repaired. The usual causes of vacuum leaks are a cracked diaphragm, a leaky body flange seal (either an o-ring and/or a flange seal), or a leaky part-load stop seal (paper seal, unobtainable - gasket sealant may work). Some people have reported luck with repairing the diaphragm using solder or epoxy, or a sandwich of aluminum foil and RTV (!), but such a repair is not recommended. The diaphragm is fully flexed each time the engine is under full load (open throttle) and it is highly likely that any repair will only hold for a short while. The usual way of getting a repair is to do a rebuild exchange with either Performance/Automotion or Automobile Atlanta.
If the vacuum test is passed, check the coil resistances. The primary coil is measured between terminals 7 and 15 and should measure about 90 ohms. The secondary coil is measured between terminals 8 and 10 and should measure about 350 ohms. Also check the coil isolation - there should be no continuity between either of the coils and the case.

gvlb914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 28 2021, 05:08 PM) *

QUOTE(RestoReese @ Apr 28 2021, 12:10 AM) *

@RestoReese

I have two with that part number. Will need to test them.

Hello bdstone914

If you still have one of these sensors available 0 280 100 049, I'd be
interested for my '72 1.7.

Thanks

gvlb914
carl k
@gvlb914

I have a 049 MPS core (does not hold vacuum).

Click to view attachment

regards,
Carl
white1975
i have a 022906051a have not tested yet
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.