Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Search wiring harness for Porsche 914 1.8 L-Jet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Leon.paradise
Hello, I'm looking for a used main harness and maybe a harness for the engine. My vehicle is a Porsche 914 1.8 L-Jet. Since I drive an American version, it is very difficult to find a used one for my car in Germany. Please offer everything. Greetings Leon
JeffBowlsby
Hi Leon,

I reproduce the 1.8L FI harnesses, will need to know if your 1.8L car is a 1974 or 1975 model as the harnesses are different. Here is my website. Send me (PM) your email and I am happy to send you a full quote.

https://bowlsby.net/914/WiringHarnesses/

As for the main chassis harness, They are not available new, you will need to source a used and and either the USA or ROW versions should be the same or very similar. The only difference I can think of would be the front sidemarker light circuits for the USA cars.
wattele
He Leon,

I have a used harness from a 1974 1.8l US car.
During my restauration I changed the harness for a European version because I wouldn't use the seat and seatbelt alarm.
Also I removed the side lights.
It was in working order when I removed it (no melted wires etc..).
The seatbelt alarm was not used.
I live in Belgium.

Willy
rhodyguy
Buy one of Jeff's. Even a seemingly fine used one could last the duration of your ownership, or a week. How many times are you willing to pay for international shipping and any importation duties? And perhaps a tow home?
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(wattele @ Apr 28 2021, 09:03 AM) *

He Leon,

I have a used harness from a 1974 1.8l US car.
During my restauration I changed the harness for a European version because I wouldn't use the seat and seatbelt alarm.
Also I removed the side lights.
It was in working order when I removed it (no melted wires etc..).
The seatbelt alarm was not used.
I live in Belgium.

Willy

Thats good to know about the seat pad sensors not being in the ROW cars. By 'alarm' do you mean that there is no door buzzer when the doors are open, and ignition key turned to the on position? Does a 1974-76 ROW 914 have the seatbelt interlock like the USA 1974-76 models where the engine cannot be started until the seatbelts are latched?
wattele
Hi Jeff,

I dont know what is ROW.
By "alarm" I mean the seatbelt system, but that was not active in the car when I used it.
Also the ingnition key and door buzzer were not active.
In the European versions no seatbelt system and no buzzer is installed.
So less problems... smile.gif

Willy
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(wattele @ Apr 29 2021, 12:15 PM) *

Hi Jeff,

I dont know what is ROW.
By "alarm" I mean the seatbelt system, but that was not active in the car when I used it.
Also the ingnition key and door buzzer were not active.
In the European versions no seatbelt system and no buzzer is installed.
So less problems... smile.gif

Willy

Hi Willy,

ROW = Rest of World, meaning non-USA market cars.

USA cars had the following:

1972-73: Fasten seatbelt light in the dash, both seatbelt switches, a passenger seat cushion sensor and round buzzer at fusepanel

1974-76: Fasten seatbelt light in the dash, both seatbelt switches, both seat cushion sensors and a small cube buzzer at the interlock relay under the passenger seat.

Please confirm that European cars did not have these features?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.