Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: COLORS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
9146GUY
I have debated for awhile before I started this topic because I can see it easily getting out of control.

Anyway, I have a project that has been on and off for the last 30 some years.
It is back on and is starting to take shape and will need paint soon.

It is a real 6 with steel GT flairs, chassis reinforcing, etc.

I would be interested to see what the consensus is on paint colors.

The original color was yellow. But with all the new colors that are out there, Voodoo Blue, Viper Green, Chalk, etc. maybe an updated color would look better.

So……….Original color or update to something more current?

Thoughts?
SirAndy
If done correctly (completely stripped/blasted before repaint) i don't think a color change on a already modified /6 will hurt the overall value.

I know i'm going to change the color of my /6 (that also used to be yellow).
popcorn[1].gif

mepstein
If you own the car and you're paying for it, you should choose the color. Whatever will make you smile when you step into the garage.
Coondog
Your car, your money, your choice...... smile.gif
JOEPROPER
It's your car and if it's done right, it'll look great. I can't remember seeing a flared 6 that I didn't like. beer3.gif
RFoulds
A lot of the newer colors look great on modified cars. you can get away with more mods too, like full color bumpers, side valances, dechrome, etc.
Cairo94507
I agree with all of the above with one minor caveat. I think keeping them a period correct factory color is best. I changed my car from Metallic Gold to Irish Green. I am very happy with that color. My back-up colors were Adriatic Blue and Light Ivory. Regardless, make it a color that makes you smile every time you look at it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.