Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater hole covers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SKL1
I can't remember where I got those nice heater hole covers for the engine sheet metal and I need a few more.

Never had luck with the search function- Help!

TIA
bdstone914
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Apr 29 2021, 12:58 PM) *

I can't remember where I got those nice heater hole covers for the engine sheet metal and I need a few more.

Never had luck with the search function- Help!

TIA

@SLK1

It was me. Still have a few sets. One pair for $25 or two pair for $45 shipped
SKL1
PM sent.
Mark Henry
I cut up soda cans and RTV them on, nice and silver inside, the can bottoms have a cool convex surface, etc. I have one engine surround with a "pop" soda can cover that's must be 30 years old and still looks good. I glue them from the bottom greasy side up, from the top it looks like a cool aluminum plug.

I know it sounds ghetto but it works, looks good, removable and is better than leaving an open hole.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 1 2021, 07:01 AM) *

I cut up soda cans and RTV them on, nice and silver inside, the can bottoms have a cool convex surface, etc. I have one engine surround with a "pop" soda can cover that's must be 30 years old and still looks good. I glue them from the bottom greasy side up, from the top it looks like a cool aluminum plug.

I know it sounds ghetto but it works, looks good, removable and is better than leaving an open hole.

I am surprised you did not glue on a hockey puck to cover the hole. eh ?
Mark Henry
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 1 2021, 10:12 AM) *

I use hockey pucks on my two post lift so I don't mar the chassis paint. thumb3d.gif
One guy on the bird took that one step further and bolted his hockey pucks to the lift donuts on his 911.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 1 2021, 09:17 AM) *

I use hockey pucks on my two post lift so I don't mar the chassis paint. thumb3d.gif
One guy on the bird took that one step further and bolted his hockey pucks to the lift donuts on his 911.

I thought Canuks used hockey pucks to replace the rubber block in the steering linkage? poke.gif

Mark Henry
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 1 2021, 10:33 AM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 1 2021, 09:17 AM) *

I thought Canuks used hockey pucks to replace the rubber block in the steering linkage? poke.gif

Hmmmm.... idea.gif
Tdskip
The ones Bruce provides are nicely made.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.