Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle Body Correct Part Verification
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tvdinnerbythepool
Hey all,

Multi part question. Engine is a 1.7L D-Jet and i'm chasing down some erratic RPM issues. Can't find any vacuum leaks, MPS is tested good and tried another one with same results. CHT tests within specs. I find myself at the TPS and it is not testing as advertised.

Part 1: I have part #022.133.067 installed now. It is a 4 pin connector. Pbanders and other sources show I should have 022 906 111A or 0 280 120 042 but I have seen various folks using this throttle body.
Do I have the wrong body and need to source the right one or will this work?

Part 2: The testing issue. Connecting to what should be terminals 17 and 47 (which should be the side of the throttle body with the small vacuum port) I just get O.L on the meter no matter how I adjust the switch with throttle throttle closed.
However...If i attach to the other 2 terminals (20 and 9 on the idle adjustment screw side) I AM able to adjust within spec....
Do I have my terminals backwards? (They aren't labeled on the switch, going of Djet troubleshooting manuals)
It appears stock inside.

Thanks for the input!

Click to view attachment
tvdinnerbythepool
Click to view attachment
tvdinnerbythepool
Click to view attachment
bdstone914
The early 1.7 TBS was 4 pin. They later were 5 pin but only use 4 of the pins. I have a box of used switches. I dont think your test is valid. If you are chasing a vacuum leak i switch is nit the problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.