Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 resto journey begins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Leb0wski1
Just got my '74 1.8 Liter back from the mechanic and it's running! Had been sitting on my father in law's property in Auburn, CA for 4 years. Previous guy hauled it back from Colorado and then never got around to restoring it. Only problem is CA DMV is taking forever on the title so no plates or registration yet mad.gif Needs a bit of work still, I'll post more pictures shortly. Hoping I can ask folks here for help on best repairs to make in what order and where to get the parts. I live in Northern California, really excited or become a part of the community here, cheers
Montreal914
welcome.png Looks like a very good start!

You ARE in the right place here. first.gif
Just ask, and you will get answers quickly with the most knowledgeable help. 914 owners everywhere, probably one near you.

Again, welcome and enjoy the World! driving.gif
Freezin 914
welcome.png
Love to see these. Congratulations on the car!
Cairo94507
Yeah, you have a huge head start with that car. Looks like a complete, nice example. beerchug.gif
bbrock
Nice car! welcome.png
campbellcj
welcome.png Congrats and welcome - Looking forward to seeing/hearing progress!
Lucky9146
Nice start with pictures!

welcome.png

You will get all the help from this community.
Looking forward to your progress!

driving.gif white914.jpg
PanelBilly
Good looking car
Dion
Congrats, you’ve come to the right place for info. welcome.png Nice looking start.
Root_Werks
I agree with others, great start! Get it titled and some good plates and drive it!
914sgofast2
Welcome to 914 World. I live in El Dorado Hills, which is not too far away. Feel free to reach out with any questions about your 914. I own a 1970 model year 914 that I have been reviving that sat in a barn down in Elk Grove since 1987.

Ever go to Cars and Coffee in Folsom/ El Dorado Hills on Saturday mornings?
Mike D.
MM1
welcome.png Enjoy!
Tom_T
Try Ken Leek at Peninsula link below to get the DMV stuff straightened out.

He's taken over for his Mom Donna Leek in Grass Valley who retired. She's done a tone of classic car & vintage trailer folks DMV problem resolution, & Ken worked with her.

https://www.peninsularegistrationservices.com/

welcome.png

Congratz! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
krazykonrad
welcome.png Welcome aboard!
930cabman
Welcome aboard, nice looking example.
Leb0wski1
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ May 4 2021, 10:08 AM) *

I agree with others, great start! Get it titled and some good plates and drive it!

Finally got confirmation from DMV title is in the mail, and just got insurance as well. Almost there.
Leb0wski1
QUOTE(914sgofast2 @ May 4 2021, 10:12 AM) *

Welcome to 914 World. I live in El Dorado Hills, which is not too far away. Feel free to reach out with any questions about your 914. I own a 1970 model year 914 that I have been reviving that sat in a barn down in Elk Grove since 1987.

Ever go to Cars and Coffee in Folsom/ El Dorado Hills on Saturday mornings?
Mike D.

Yeah not too far at all! Thanks, once I get my plates/tags, I'll head over to Folsom!
Leb0wski1
First Project is an easy one - replace driver side fog light grill:
1. Driver side fog light grille was wrong color (not chrome) and broken.
Click to view attachment
2. Bought new driver side fog light grill from Pelican.
Click to view attachment
3. Received
Click to view attachment
4. Installed, looks clean!
Click to view attachment

More coming...

smash.gif

914_teener
I'm posting cause of you moniker name... laugh.gif first.gif

Anyway...yes nice car and congrats!

welcome.png
Root_Werks
Order a lot from PP lately, good customer service.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.