Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AAR valve
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Morph914
All the diagrams I’ve looked at have a vac line going from the AAR valve to the cold start valve. I will not be using the cold start system and even if I were, the valve only has one nipple for the fuel line.
Can I just plug the AAR valve off? If not what should I do with the open port?

Thanks in advance,
John

Click to view attachment
JamesM
Yes, but you may need to feather the throttle a bit when cold to keep the idle up.

Also that is not where that adaptor piece goes.
Morph914
QUOTE(JamesM @ May 2 2021, 10:36 PM) *

Yes, but you may need to feather the throttle a bit when cold to keep the idle up.

Also that is not where that adaptor piece goes.

Yeah I was not sure about the adapter, it came in a box of parts with the engine and was connected to this valve. I’ll remove it and cap it off.
cary
The AAR is only extra air. My cold start fuel valve has been plugged off for 20 years.
Dave_Darling
The AAR passes air from the air cleaner into the plenum. Only when the engine is cold. It doesn't care how the air gets into the plenum; I'm pretty sure that it going right next to the cold start valve is just because it was easy. You can hook it up to some other line that goes into the plenum and it should work just the same as it used to.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.