Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: willow green 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
siverson
Geez I really like Willow Green 914s but this rust is really making me pause. Do I really want another big project like that?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333979319402

How many Williow Green 914s were there?

-Steve
mepstein
You’re in CA. Why buy a rusty car?
SirAndy
This is a weird one. Besides those door jambs (on both sides) and the battery tray and top of the hell hole and the paint bubbles in random places, the rust looks to be minimal anywhere else.

So either someone painted over existing rust to cover it up or the door jamb rot is from dirt packing behind the rocker covers and the rest of the car is solid.

Might be worth looking at in person and poking around with a screw driver.

I find it encouraging that the whole tailshift setup is still intact and appears to be in working order. You don't see too many of those anymore.
idea.gif
krazykonrad
I have a 72 willow green 914. Willow Green is awesome!
Chris914n6
Given the obvious overspray I'd bet the rust is much worse than pics show.
wonkipop
don't take the roof off. sad.gif
FlacaProductions
Who the heck puts the stripe on like THAT?
second wind
No offense to anyone....if the car had less rust I would think about....and I think the rust is worse than you see....so having said that 1.7's are so slow it is not worth it....if in good shape I get the the 914 experience regardless of power...but with extreme rust and slow....eh...my car is no power house but a 2.0 can give you a rush...1.7 not so much. I could have skipped replying but you did ask...find another one for $ 10,000 ...that is a lot of money and they are out there. All the best,
gg
Arno914
I agree with Sir Andy. This car might be worth a closer look. Seems to be complete and unmolested with not too much rust. A good candidate for a full restoration without having to replace most of the sheet metal? Needs a really good clean up, though. (I like the plywood dash-protection, arghhh.)
With a price tag in the lower 4 digits it´s tempting, is it? rolleyes.gif
And yes. This color is awesome! smile.gif
wonkipop
seller's written description reads interesting.
only had three owners - and he has owned it twice (counts as 1?).
explains how intact it is.

all the original parts to go with car are included.
to reverse mods seen in photos.

its all there when you look at the pics.
even got an orig interior light. gold.

no worse than anything else folks are rebuilding on this site.
be a good car again - just don't take the roof of it right now.

interesting to see what it gets as its a very good basis for an extensive restoration.
might pull a highish price?

i like it when you guys talk about "not too much rust" smile.gif
australia! - spoils you when it comes to metal oxide.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.