Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can someone buy this so i dont!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tazz9924
on good ole bring a trailer i find this: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1979-pors...ce-car-914-gt2/
bdstone914
QUOTE(tazz9924 @ May 4 2021, 07:08 PM) *

on good ole bring a trailer i find this: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1979-pors...ce-car-914-gt2/

What would you do with it? Do you know what classes you could race in? It has been for sale for a while.
GregAmy
I looooove me some GT-2.

But to win GT-2 today requires, basically, a GM-supported brandy-new production-based Chevy Corvette.

BTW, ad says "third-place result at the 1998 SCCA Runoffs at Road Atlanta." The Runoffs in '98 were at Mid-O as I recall. Maybe '88? Or Blakewell at Mid-O in '99?

Regardless...would be a fun vintage project. But a spendy one.
ndfrigi
@tazz9924 why would you need it when you’re also making similar one? any update on your project?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...4506&st=140
roblav1
1. The tube frame chassis is out of date / out of spec. Needs anti-intrusion at driver's door... probably more given the age of the chsssis.

2. You're probably not stuck running GT2 (absolutely not competitive there) depends on the engine.

3. There's not really much there of high value. Dampers? Maybe, but they will need rebuilt.

I think he's lucky to get $3 or 4 thousand.

It's been a few years since I raced SCCA Pro. You'd have to look up the current SCCA GCR to see what classes are possible. You might be better off putting a Type 4 in it with a Hewland Mk9. But not cheap. You won't be competitive with a flat 6 in it.
Jeff Hail
Thats the sister car to Hari Matsudas 914 race car. A few alterations but would still be competitive as its a very rigid chassis. It would be fun to play with and get it road going, convert it to hardtop.
ChrisFoley
Will be interesting to see if the original owner/builder buys it back.
tazz9924
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ May 4 2021, 08:49 PM) *

@tazz9924 why would you need it when you’re also making similar one? any update on your project?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...4506&st=140

Always working on it, even if not physically. low price near me is just tempting. I don’t really care what class it would be in i just like cool stuff!
flyer86d
That car has a pretty impressive race record. I remember when he built it. It was the most impressive of the flurry of 914-6 race cars that were campaigned by NNJR-PCA members in the 1980’s and 1990’s. It looks like held up well and would make a fine track toy. Doug posts on 914world at times.

Charlie
9146GUY
I have most of the body panels to put on this. Wide body slope nose front end all FG
robkammer
No drivetrain? No body? Way too ambitious for me.
GregAmy
QUOTE(flyer86d @ May 5 2021, 10:20 AM) *

That car has a pretty impressive race record. I remember when he built it...It looks like held up well and would make a fine track toy. Doug posts on 914world at times.

QUOTE(9146GUY @ May 5 2021, 10:29 AM) *

I have most of the body panels to put on this. Wide body slope nose front end all FG

Y'all aren't helping the poor guy...you're enabling him.
930cabman
Where is the wife's vote on this one? bet she's out front
VegasRacer
It could be a fun track toy, but I doubt it will ever be a competitive race car again. smilie_flagge24.gif

I say put in a bus motor, add headlight and drive it on the street. smoke.gif
tazz9924
QUOTE(930cabman @ May 5 2021, 04:44 PM) *

Where is the wife's vote on this one? bet she's out front

Unfortunately i have full control of decisions, which is why im here.
GregAmy
QUOTE(tazz9924 @ May 5 2021, 10:39 PM) *

Unfortunately i have full control of decisions, which is why im here.

You don't go into a bar looking to find support to stop drinking.
silverg
Sage advise
Andyrew
I would be a fun one to K20 turbo swap w/ honda trans and throw a Sheridan full body over....

r_towle
I’m so happy that is not within a days drive.
I would buy it.
gms
no worries guys I saved it from a V8 build
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.