Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another 914 bastard child
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
icon8.gif
johnhora
It was the 70's you know...

different taste and needs in cars biggrin.gif

how about this one...AMC built 671,475 Gremlins between 1970 and 1978.

Click to view attachment
mgarrison
Looks oddly like a Gremlin/Pacer...
WTF.gif
mgarrison
QUOTE(mgarrison @ May 5 2021, 06:35 AM) *

Looks oddly like a Gremlin/Pacer...
WTF.gif

@johnhora beat me to the punch!
horizontally-opposed
P1800 wagon vibes, as well.

What I don't get is what size adult could possibly fit, even if you deleted the muffler to feet could get crushed in the event you were rear-ended. Look at the seat bottom height vs where the driver's seat bottom is…

Still think the Tapiro was the one… wub.gif
bbrock
That would have been one hot seat. Can't imagine the insulation that would be needed to prevent cooking the kids. And speaking of heat. Yeah, those little side vents would have allowed plenty of cooling air into the engine - right? blink.gif
jaredmcginness
I think that is awesome.

Some changes to the C Pillar (more sail esque) and rear roof design (so it doesn't look like someone just drew 2 straight lines to the roof)
and I think it could be a really fun design.
Retroracer
ON the plus side, you could add a shift lever directly to the transmission (thru the rear floor), so the child in the back could select gears based on shouted instructions from the driver. Would be improvement on the regular linkage...

- Tony
Shivers
My car handles the best with a full tank. Adding weight to the back would be counter productive for me. If you just consider it a vw, and that is the type of treatment it will receive, then it would be nice to have a storage area for running errand's
douglastic
Oh man . . . I love it!

Someone go make one!
Rand
My first thought was a Gremlin and Pacer had a bastard child. barf.gif
The artist shouldn't have put Mahle wheels on it, unworthy.

IPB Image
flipb
QUOTE(Retroracer @ May 5 2021, 10:03 AM) *

ON the plus side, you could add a shift lever directly to the transmission (thru the rear floor), so the child in the back could select gears based on shouted instructions from the driver. Would be improvement on the regular linkage...

- Tony

lol-2.gif

Somebody has a tail-shifter...

QUOTE(Rand @ May 5 2021, 11:01 AM) *

My first thought was a Gremlin and Pacer had a bastard child. barf.gif
The artist shouldn't have put Mahle wheels on it, unworthy.

IPB Image

Are there supposed to be two targa tops, front & rear? Maybe for portability you can just carry one and move it to the back on a nice day or cover the driver when it starts raining... dry.gif
ClayPerrine
Those little tiny air intakes in the fenders are minuscule compared with the size of the engine lid on a stock 914. That thing is going to overheat really fast.

ClayPerrine
And think about how hot stuff gets in the rear trunk. Do you want to sit back there for a long drive?
930cabman
QUOTE(Retroracer @ May 5 2021, 09:03 AM) *

- Tony

I needed a good laugh, thanks
Andyrew
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 5 2021, 10:22 AM) *

Those little tiny air intakes in the fenders are minuscule compared with the size of the engine lid on a stock 914. That thing is going to overheat really fast.

You forget about the raintrain in the stock 914? Also the bottom of the engine is where the heat is managed. The top is just for air intake.

It COULD work.
RARE 6
Sobering to realize AMC sold 5X as many Gremlins than Porsche sold 914s.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.