Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Early Sand Cast 2.0 6 Cylinder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
devious rhesus
Hello! Looking to make a hot motor for my 914, and want to base it off of the early sand cast 6 cylinder cases. I believe they swapped to magnesium in 1969, so anything prior to that please.

The more complete the better, but also interested in just the case. Please PM me if you have one about! Only caveat being that it should retain the stock bore. Want to make a 2.0!

Thanks much!
brant
they go for a lot.
I have one I could sell
but they are not cheap...

15K with 67S heads,
turns over, needs rebuild.
complete short block

brant
devious rhesus
QUOTE(brant @ May 7 2021, 10:31 AM) *

they go for a lot.
I have one I could sell
but they are not cheap...

15K with 67S heads,
turns over, needs rebuild.
complete short block

brant

That IS a lot! I will send you a PM.
johnhora
You may want to place a request at these sites as they're is more early 911 parts sales activity there.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...ts-sale-wanted/

https://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/fo...anted-911-Parts
Jett
I was lucky enough to find one and then was shocked by the rebuild cost…

That said, the motor will work well in a six conversion.
sixnotfour
I have several..bare or complete ..PM me your desire..69 S heads nos..$$$$$ 1968 engine 100% complete..runner..
roblav1
Early 1968 engines were aluminum and changed to mag midyear, about the same time they changed the rear decklid. A 930/02 engine would be better and probably overall cheaper.
brant
QUOTE(roblav1 @ May 7 2021, 07:34 PM) *

Early 1968 engines were aluminum and changed to mag midyear, about the same time they changed the rear decklid. A 930/02 engine would be better and probably overall cheaper.

Hard to build a 2.0 engine on a 3.0 block
roblav1
I meant to say to build a thereabouts 3.0.
devious rhesus
QUOTE(roblav1 @ May 8 2021, 04:42 PM) *

I meant to say to build a thereabouts 3.0.

I am trying to build a motor for vintage racing, so unfortunately I am limited to a 2.0! I think the 3.0 might be TOO noticeable of an advantage wink.gif
flyer86d
I understand your desire for an early aluminum crankcase for your build. At the cost of one of those crankcases today, why not consider a late 2.4 crankcase which is lighter, has squiters, and have been built into higher HP engines that your 2 liter will ever make. Just saying.

Charlie
gereed75
Before you go to all of that expense, check with the vintage race groups you intend to run with. In my area, northeast states, nobody really cares. Pretty much run what you brung.

There are some organizations who uphold class racing specs, but even those will probably let you run, albeit in some higher class

If you are going to Europe, probably a different story. Good luck.
mepstein
QUOTE(flyer86d @ May 9 2021, 04:03 PM) *

I understand your desire for an early aluminum crankcase for your build. At the cost of one of those crankcases today, why not consider a late 2.4 crankcase which is lighter, has squiters, and have been built into higher HP engines that your 2 liter will ever make. Just saying.

Charlie

2 liter aluminum race engines push 250-280.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.