Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Tins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
930cabman
We are piecing a 2 liter from several boxes and donors attempting to have a complete running motor. I know Christmas was a few months ago.

Q: It appears the top cylinder tins are the same with the exception of the holes for the spark plugs. Locating decent tins is becoming more difficult by the day. I have a top tin for the #3, #4 cylinders, but the holes for the spark plugs is are in the wrong locations. Rather than spending quite a bit of time to rebuild the old 2 liter tin I have it seems to make sense to poke new holes in the correct locations and plug the old holes in the decent top cylinder tin I have.

Thanks
ClayPerrine
This is a good idea if you are handy with a welder and want to spend the time doing it.

But there are some differences in the contours, and any experienced 914 owner will know it at a glance.

Clay
cary
Aase has some. I just bought a couple.
930cabman
It may have come from a 1.8, but not sure. The decent tin I have appears to fit ok with the exception of the spark plug holes. I am passable with a brake and MIG welder. Maybe tomorrow I will spend an hour or so patching the rusted tin together.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.