Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CNC Motors Closed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Coondog
We just had a rally at this place a couple months ago and I even talked with them about bringing in my 70 SS El Camino to sale on consignment. Sure glad I didn’t follow through with that. Went by there today and it was a empty building.

Over 40 fraud cases have been filed so far from owners who never received there money and were never notified that there car had been sold. I had a gut feeling when we were there and I noticed that Lotus had pulled there new cars from the showroom.
Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
I hope they prosecute the maximum allowed by law and sentence the say way if/when convicted. Glad you were not one of their "victims" Greg.
SKL1
Big thread about this on rennlist...
mepstein
Glad you dodged a bullet.
Superhawk996
It seems that used exotic car showrooms somehow tend to attract douche bag business owners and salesmen. Your results might vary.

So far the only one I've ever been impressed with is Canepa but now that I've posted this, they will probably go and do something stupid. laugh.gif

Hopefully no one here caught up in the mess.
campbellcj
Yikes. Scary stories about this on Youtube as well in recent weeks. Even scarier is apparently the practices CNC is accused of are not uncommon at other independent dealers/consignors... For example selling a customer consignment car and delaying paying the customer for up to months, using their funds to float a couple more cars for showroom inventory and trying to sell those quickly before the original customer caught-on, in a never-ending shell game.
73-914
Way too many "Scam artists" in the world
GregAmy
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ May 9 2021, 09:11 AM) *

It seems that used exotic car showrooms somehow tend to attract douche bag business owners and salesmen.

"Money" attracts douche scammers. Usually easy targets.
flmont
Its Amazing that they think they can get away with this kind of stuff,..
Maltese Falcon
Spotted this address on public media for CNC Service and Detailing:
4960 Vanderbilt St. Ontario Ca. 91761
Not sure if the CNC Motors are/were related to this Co.
It truly is a Buyer beware, Seller beware World confused24.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(Coondog @ May 8 2021, 06:31 PM) *

We just had a rally at this place a couple months ago and I even talked with them about bringing in my 70 SS El Camino to sale on consignment. Sure glad I didn’t follow through with that. Went by there today and it was a empty building.

Over 40 fraud cases have been filed so far from owners who never received there money and were never notified that there car had been sold. I had a gut feeling when we were there and I noticed that Lotus had pulled there new cars from the showroom.
Click to view attachment

They were on the local SoCal News on pretty much all stations a couple of weeks ago before closing, & several interviewed the owner, who tried to blame it on COVID, but it still remains that he took customers money & used it fraudulently for his business & personal uses.

I've also heard that CNC was slow paying consignment sellers long before COVID hit last Feb. 2020, though I can't verify that 1st hand. I think that the Cal Attorney General & DMV are after him, so it all will eventually come out.

Keep in mind that a consignment dealer/seller never owns your car, they are just there to take a fee if they help you sell it - but this guy was keeping 100% of the sale prices & never putting it into a proper "escrow" type of 2 party account.

Shyster! mad.gif

If you need a reputable consignment guy for your Camino - then try Paul Kramer at Auto Kennel in Costa Mesa. They're well reputed & known amongst the Porsche & Euro crowd, as well as for American makes.

You can say that I referred you, but that & about 16 bits nowadays will get you a cup of coffee! biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
AZBanks
There are a lot of bad businesses in that market but there are a few good ones.
I have a friend in that business and I'm hoping CNC's bad behavior doesn't impact my friend.
930cabman
Yes, buyer beware should go without saying

On the other hand Canepa is #1, A+
dhuckabay
Seems like there was a Porsche dealership in the South that had a sales manager taking orders and money and disappeared with it. Haven't heard about it recently, don't know if they found the perp. My DIL got nailed by a shady BMW dealership in the midwest. I had to sue a clown on a 914 from four years ago. Got the money yesterday.

There are snakes everywhere. Have to say I have been happy with this site. All deals so far have been honorable.

QUOTE(AZBanks @ May 9 2021, 01:59 PM) *

There are a lot of bad businesses in that market but there are a few good ones.
I have a friend in that business and I'm hoping CNC's bad behavior doesn't impact my friend.

rgalla9146

Here in New Jersey a couple years ago Emperio Motors same MO.
Sold the cars, took the money, no money to consignor, no title to purchaser.
Left the country !!!
FlacaProductions
QUOTE(dhuckabay @ May 9 2021, 03:38 PM) *

Seems like there was a Porsche dealership in the South that had a sales manager taking orders and money and disappeared with it. Haven't heard about it recently, don't know if they found the perp.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a23279435...t-scam-lawsuit/
930cabman
These guys should be shot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.