Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 1.8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eliasd914
Hello guys, I had some car issues today and I'm going to try to explain it to the best of my ability. 1974 1.8 stock Started the car it idled good and strong. Went for a drive and the car was running normal. Then this strange thing happened. The car would not idle very good almost stalling out. But when I would take off and accelerate the car felt way more powerful and ran way smoother through the rev band. Car felt like it had double the power. After I shut the car off and started it it would go back to a normal idle and have less power again. No idol with more power. normal idle with less power? Could this have something to do with the air fuel mixture? Has anyone else had this experience? And did you resolve it?
Thank you
Elias
StarBear
Also have a 74 1.8. Had something similar but not identical a few years back. The screw holding the points had come just a bit loose. The clamp holding the dizzy was also a bit loose. Tightened both and problem went away, so not sure if one the other or both were the problem(s).
shane
I have the same set up L-jet 1.8 and everything I’ve consistently read says the number one thing is absolutely no vacuum leaks anywhere at all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.