Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Missing Oil Pressure Valve?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bkrantz
As I put my 2056 2.0 liter engine together, I find things that seem to be missing. This includes what the parts schematic shows as a second oil pressure relief valve (#19 and 21). I have the other valve (#18 and 20), and I am pretty sure #19 was not present when I tore the engine apart.
bkrantz
It would go here, between the push rods on the left side of the case.
bkrantz
And I have the screw cap and new crush washer.

Should a 73 2.0 have this valve?
914Sixer
Missing spring and piston.
Mark Henry
If it's a 1975- or replacement case check to see if the case is even drilled for the lifter relief.
I have a couple of '75 cases here that are not drilled.
mate914
Why did they make that change? The 2.0 im running now looks like that, with no hole tapped into case. It also had no spot to put taco plate with temp sensor.
Matt
DRPHIL914
As Mark said, you are missing the piston and spring, get the one from Tangerine Racing, its an "upgrade"

Phil
914Sixer
I may have parts. I used high pressure set up for my engine. Check warehouse later today.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(mate914 @ May 10 2021, 07:44 AM) *

Why did they make that change? The 2.0 im running now looks like that, with no hole tapped into case. It also had no spot to put taco plate with temp sensor.
Matt

They stopped drilling them for the bus with hydraulic lifters. The circuit is not needed, in fact I disable this relief on performance builds.

I don't think I've seen a T4 case with no taco plate.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ May 10 2021, 08:14 AM) *

get the one from Tangerine Racing, its an "upgrade"

Phil

Wrong relief valve, OP is talking about the lifter relief valve.
Although EMW does sell a block off kit for the lifter relief valve.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 10 2021, 08:27 AM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ May 10 2021, 08:14 AM) *

get the one from Tangerine Racing, its an "upgrade"

Phil

Wrong relief valve, OP is talking about the lifter relief valve.
Although EMW does sell a block off kit for the lifter relief valve.

gotcha, thanks for the correction , sorry for the confusion, i didnt look closely
mate914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 10 2021, 08:23 AM) *

QUOTE(mate914 @ May 10 2021, 07:44 AM) *

Matt

They stopped drilling them for the bus with hydraulic lifters. The circuit is not needed, in fact I disable this relief on performance builds.

I don't think I've seen a T4 case with no taco plate.

It is just the taco plate cover. The case was not machined for temp sensor.
confused24.gif
pilothyer
QUOTE(bkrantz @ May 9 2021, 02:37 PM) *

In this picture it looks as though the piston is still in there. ***Correction*** I can now clearly see that the piston is not there. What I was looking at is the seat for the piston and the galley behind the seat. You need this and your engine will greatly suffer without it.Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
QUOTE(pilothyer @ May 10 2021, 11:59 AM) *

QUOTE(bkrantz @ May 9 2021, 02:37 PM) *

In this picture it looks as though the piston is still in there.

Ah yes, my bad, this is machined for the relief valve.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.