Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Everyone is alive but there's one less 95 BMW
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
Get ready for the horror! This is my M3! I sold it to one of my son's friends. I was told he had a fight with his GF. He took off with another kid in the car. She was chasing him at over 100!
rick 918-S
sdert
rick 918-S
skjrf
rick 918-S
sdf
rick 918-S
sdf
rick 918-S
sld
scruz914
Second to accidents caused by drunks must be those due to heated arguments with girl friends.

You said everyone is alive. Injuries? Looks like it might have been a soft landing.

oops! posted before I saw the rest of the photos. Not a very soft landing. Hope the injuries were not bad.
rick 918-S
sjd
Flat VW
I don't think that is gonna buff out. unsure.gif

John
rick 918-S
sdr
morgan
I think he kill the car wacko.gif
scotty b
ohmy.gif That's sickening! Is the kid "O.K." as in not in critical cond.? I'll be the first a-hole to say there should be a law to keep anyone under 25 from owning a car over 150 H.P. You've gotta have some brains, experience and self control with something like that and most people under 40 aren't there yet sad.gif
rick 918-S
Driver was ejected, no seat belt, the first time I can say that it probably saved his life. He is in the ER for observation. After the accident it's reported he got up and helped the passenger out of the car. Passanger, had a laseration on his arm and a concusion.

I dout any of you have ever seen me use this word before.

GOD was riding shot gun! This is a true case of devine intervention! Thank you for sparing those boys! pray.gif
rick 918-S
Here's my car just after the paint work R.I.P.
neo914-6
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Jul 21 2005, 04:41 PM)
I don't think that is gonna buff out. unsure.gif

John

Dent Pro! laugh.gif

Glad there were no casualties, the car can be replaced...
Cap'n Krusty
Proving once again, no matter who you are, you can't break the laws of physics. The Cap'n
lapuwali
Looks to me like you could save that right rear tail lens...

Doesn't look like you could save much else, though.

Ouch.
CptTripps
Wow...

Wow.....

Holy crap....wow....and everyone is ALIVE???

WOW!

OT: That's the same steering wheel I have in my teener....Momo Flight...right?
spare time toys
Was this one of the boys who helped to build the Alien? I am glad to hear no one was critical. A night in the ER is a good safe thing to do. How are you doing I know you care for those kids like they are yours.
mongrel-gs
Wow!

My little bro, vp of an IT company at 19, bought a 95 M3 last april... in june it was in the exact same condition as the pics... he walked a mile home in one shoe and a broken wrist... now he gets to walk everywhere

Kids and M3s dont mix... I knew I should have taken that thing from him
Aaron Cox
gawd.....

GOD played a role in this one......
AA
redshift
That someone didn't perish is an absolute miracle.

damn, that is impressive.... lot's of tales in those pics.. whew..

M
jasons
So have you found an excuse to swap that S38 M3 motor into your 2002?

Gnarly pics, its a miracle everyone more or less walked away.
neo914-6
What happened to the airbags? Is it true the insurance companies don't pay if you didn't wear a seat belt?
Midtowner
Owee! I used to own a 95 Daytona Violet M3! It me sick to see those pics. barf.gif
airsix
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jul 21 2005, 04:36 PM)
Get ready for the horror! This is my M3! I sold it to one of my son's friends.

Boy, I'm glad they are going to be okay. He couldn't have had that thing more than a week! I've seen tree vs. car many times. Tree always wins.

These pictures are making me think I should stop turning off the traction control. unsure.gif

-Ben M.
redshift
QUOTE (Neo914-6 @ Jul 22 2005, 12:29 AM)
What happened to the airbags? Is it true the insurance companies don't pay if you didn't wear a seat belt?

And go twice the posted speed limit...

I dunno..

M
rick 918-S
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Jul 21 2005, 06:29 PM)
Was this one of the boys who helped to build the Alien? I am glad to hear no one was critical. A night in the ER is a good safe thing to do. How are you doing I know you care for those kids like they are yours.

One of the boys ( the driver) graduated with my son. He's not a regulator around here but he loved that car. He bugged me to sell it to him. Turns out he was too young and suffers from poor judgement.

The worse part is I had a title issue. He paid me some of money and was to pay the rest when the state sent me the new title. He told me and Aric he put collision coverage on the vehicle. So once the title issue is resolved we should be able to complete the deal. I'm not too worried about it. I kept my liability coverage in force just incase of a problem like this.

The other boy ( the passanger ) I'm not sure I met. I met his dad today. He's very greatful his son is ok.

All the regular crew was here today for several hours after the accident. We all talked about how serious this is. I told these boys I look at wrecked cars everyday. I told them I have never seen a car with that much damage and no fatalities!

We talked about it alot. I made them promise me they wouldn't drive like that.

Midtowner
Those look like Oettinger wheels. Big buck$.
rick 918-S
QUOTE (Midtowner @ Jul 21 2005, 09:06 PM)
Those look like Oettinger wheels.  Big buck$.

Hammon 18X8.5 with Toyo Proxies! Your looking at about $ 800.00 per corner. dry.gif

Two of the tires are new! ohmy.gif
Aaron Cox
momo's dont have airbags..... ohmy.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Jul 21 2005, 09:11 PM)
momo's dont have airbags..... ohmy.gif

The car was awsome. It had Hammon 18X 8.5's with Toyo Proxies. Carbon trim package, strut bar, built-in stealth radar, CD Borla exhaust, Chip, short shift, the list goes on.

I'm having sellers remorse sad.gif
ematulac
ohmy.gif

I've never seen a wreck that bad before. I'm glad everyone is alive. I ought to keep those pictures around to remind me when my kids start driving.
Andyrew
I'm posting this so Andrew will see this.

So far he's mananged to tell people that want to race, that he'd be glad to 'take it to the track'. I know this wasn't a racing incident, but it only takes a moment of poor judgement for something like this to happen.

I'm glad the guys were << protected >>

Dan
YksKrad
QUOTE (scotty b @ Jul 21 2005, 04:45 PM)
ohmy.gif That's sickening! Is the kid "O.K." as in not in critical cond.? I'll be the first a-hole to say there should be a law to keep anyone under 25 from owning a car over 150 H.P. You've gotta have some brains, experience and self control with something like that and most people under 40 aren't there yet sad.gif

agree.gif

Very true in most cases. But as an 18who's last car had about 2 times the hp of my 914 I'd have to say some can handle it. My shadow never went over 95 on the road, and even then it was on private property. Never went more than 8 over on highways ect. However I did tend to burnout.gif occasionally, but, hey when you have a 3.0 v6 Dodge shadow, and you're able to burn straight thru 2nd and into 3rd, you have to sometimes.

And before you say it's not possible... It had the 3.0L mitsubishi engine in it.

Anyway I'm glad all involved were okay it's my experience that teenagers tend to die in accidents more often than adults.

For Future Refrence NEVER drive drunk. People bitch about the punishment being to strict, I think it's the other way around
jonwatts
I'm glad they're ok. Being upset, he probably would have driven the same in any car. The fact that it was a BMW might be what saved their lives. Imagine doing that in a Chevy Cavalier unsure.gif
messix
i would say that is the worst i have ever seen that the occupants did make it out alive let alone relatively unscathed. and being a street car and not a caged up race car is unbelievable.

some one was watching over those boys.
Mr.C
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jul 21 2005, 04:36 PM)
He took off with another kid in the car. She was chasing him at over 100!

Man O Man that kid must be part kitty cat cause he used up some lives there!

Crazy girlfriends will do it. I can think of a few times being chased around by a nut like that. I even had one lay in front of my car so I wouldn't leave!

Probably freaked her out pretty good I would bet seeing that.
lotus_65
WOW

you can find virtually every human emotion from that event.

and my son is due to start drivers training this winter...
Porcharu
Glad to hear everyone is OK. Trees and cars don't mix.
When I was going to school I fell asleep about 10 minutes from home (200 mile drive) and drove into a tree. The car WAS an 84' civic (this car had the 1st integra engine swap that I had seen and it was a ton of work getting the injection wiring to work in a carbed car) anyway the tree that I hit sideways with the passenger door hit ME in the right eye. The passenger seat went under me without cutting me to schreds. The car had to be pried off of the tree (about 5" in diameter) the wreck was bad enough that the cops wanted the car to show to high school kids the value of seat belts (someone else died that night in a much less severe wreck who was not wearing seat belts.)
For some reason I have been a safety nut since then. rolleyes.gif
GWN7
Yikes.... both of them should forget about buying lotto tickets. They used up all of their luck that night.
MattR
women...

seriously, im glad everyone is okay.
dlo914
QUOTE (MattR @ Jul 22 2005, 12:33 AM)
women...

seriously, im glad everyone is okay.

agree.gif
Jeroen
Man... those kids were SOOOOOOO lucky ohmy.gif

They (driver and the chasing gf) earn a damn good bitch slappin' (and then some) to learn so responsibility
Brett W
Kids should not drive. Take the bus or walk. At least you got paid already, right?
SGB
Unfortunately, I gotta agree. That guy needs to be off the road about a year or so to see if he revises his decision making processes.

I got T-boned by 18-wheeler (he ran a red light at about 45 mph) in my 3 series. I don't believe I would have survived in any other car. I believe that is what I am going to insist my son get when I allow him to have a car (he is only 15 now).
CptTripps
I had a similar situation with my first car...an 85 Saab 900 Turbo. I walked away from a similar situation, and swore that I'd never own anything but a Saab again. Since then, every DD I've ever owned has been a Saab, including my wife since we got married...I've got my 14th Saab in the driveway.

Admittedly, I'll be looking at Land Rovers and maybe a Cayanne when this lease is up in a year, but then again, I may end up with a 9-7x too...
nebreitling
i'm so thankful those kids are alive -- that is a freaking miracle and i hope they know it.

although if it was my kid, i'd be tempted to kill him myself.
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Jul 21 2005, 09:56 PM)
Imagine doing that in a Chevy Cavalier unsure.gif

Why, do Chevy Cavalier owners have girlfriends??? rolling.gif lol2.gif

I am glad these kids weren't hurt even worse,
and I hope no one *thinks* Rick is at all liable for selling
such a hi-performance vehicle to a 'kid'.
i love porsche
that is AMAZING that they didnt die from that crash..especially that he didnt wear his seatbelt...recently, 4 kids in the town over from me were in one of the kid's STI , doing 140 mph down the parkway...drunk...hit a tree, and the passenger who wasnt wearing a seatbelt, died....that drivers life is over....end of story

drive safe guys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.