Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Now I'm part of the 914 World :)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PaulFV8
After many months of searching (and buying parts) I now have a car for my project. I purchased this 75 on Saturday, it had been in storage since 1984, it was taken apart for painting and never completed. Some surface rust in a few places but it looks really clean and it's only 80 miles from my shop. I'm picking up a 2.7 tomorrow and also bought a 901 with a LSD that has low miles on it. smile.gif
914Sixer
Great to hear all has come together. smilie_pokal.gif
Root_Werks
Very cool! Love the color on the 914.
abes914
cheer.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Congratulations!

love the color and 2.7 engine will be sweet driving.gif
ValcoOscar
Congrats Paul....

Check your mail in a few days

beerchug.gif beer.gif biggrin.gif NICE COLOR beer3.gif drunk.gif

Need more photos when you get a chance

O

Superhawk996
piratenanner.gif Let the games begin!
Cairo94507
Congratulations. That is a great way to start the fun. Solid looking car with a 6 going into it. Let the fun begin. beerchug.gif
horizontally-opposed
Congrats!

Cool car, cool color, and those Yokos are old-skool. Wonder if they're as hard as the wheels they're mounted on. w00t.gif
PanelBilly
I hope you got lots of boxes filled with parts too
MM1
Congrats-can't wait to see the video and hear the six-song!

popcorn[1].gif
wndsrfr
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 10 2021, 10:12 AM) *

Great to hear all has come together. smilie_pokal.gif

Sweet... drop by Summit Point this weekend...14 Teeners registered for the race! That 2.7 is a great match!
930cabman
Welcome aboard. We have selected the same combo, 1975 with 2.7, but is currently on the back burner due to a rust free project is in the que. I will be watching close, is the 2.7 running? carbs?
Sycolyst
Sweet! Welcome to the addiction.
campbellcj
Congrats, looking forward to more pics and stories as it comes together!
PaulFV8
Thanks to all for your notes. The 2.7 will be fuel injected. At this point it’s all in boxes. “Some assembly required”. LOL
ClayPerrine
welcome.png

We are glad you are here, and if you need anything... just ask.

AZBanks
welcome.png
Great color. Looking forward to progress pics.
PaulFV8
Finally made it back to the shop
Root_Werks
Hard to tell from the picture, going to paint or is it good enough?
PaulFV8
It will get repainted but I’m not sure on the color. I’ve said Alaska blue metallic for almost a year but then I picked up a couple of items painted azure blue. This one will have steel flares as well and chrome bumpers. Also a special thanks to the forum member who said buy the P280B ball joint socket. It was definitely worth the money.

bkrantz
The car looks great and I like your plan. And lots of fun (and anxiety) to choose a color.

But to be fair, you should pour acid on the floor panels and hell-hole, hire some drunk guy to cut off a fender and weld it back on in the dark, and hit random spots with a hammer. smash.gif
Freezin 914
Looks like a great car. Congratulations! I had an Alaska blue car, love that color, I believe our cars can look good in any color. Good luck with the decision! Please keep us all posted as things progress. We all love to see these cars get some love and to see projects come together. beerchug.gif
Freezin 914
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Jun 15 2021, 08:17 PM) *

The car looks great and I like your plan. And lots of fun (and anxiety) to choose a color.

But to be fair, you should pour acid on the floor panels and hell-hole, hire some drunk guy to cut off a fender and weld it back on in the dark, and hit random spots with a hammer. smash.gif

lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif
PaulFV8
Ok, just so you don’t think I have the easiest project in 914world. Check out a couple of interesting spots I have found.

What were they doing on the front corners??

PaulFV8
And the other side
MM1
ok - well then . . .skip the "drunk guy on acid" part . . .that's "fair" lol-2.gif
PaulFV8
mad.gif ugh. I want to backdate the bumpers. From GMS’s 2012 post it looks like this mess is right where the chrome bumpers would attach. unsure.gif
PaulFV8
One more update for today. The wiring harness is wrapped in 37 year old masking tape. Not sure what this means but the portion I looked at appears to be ok. Has anyone seen this before? Issues?
Shivers
That's a new one on me, but maybe they masked it off for the last paint job and got lazy removing it.
Shivers
As far as a color I suggest as bright as possible. Mine is saturn yellow and I still heard, "Sorry, I didn't see you".
Arno914
This car looks great and appears to be very solid. Late model 914!
Don´t cut her up for flares... sad.gif

Retroracer
QUOTE(Shivers @ Jun 22 2021, 07:12 PM) *

That's a new one on me, but maybe they masked it off for the last paint job and got lazy removing it.

My first thought too - but there is no overspray seen on the tape...?

Masking tape is clearly non-preferred as abrasive protection and insulation for the loom - I think some time should be out into pulling the loom and checking the wiring for sure.....

Chassis looks in pretty good shape BTW,

- Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.