Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forum changes to email notifications
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
I had to turn OFF email notifications for Forum/Thread subscriptions and they will have to stay OFF for quite some time.
sad.gif

Unfortunately, a bunch of members have flagged our notification emails as SPAM even though they have to OPT-IN to receive those notifications and as a result we have been blacklisted by many of the larger email services, like gmail etc.
headbang.gif

This means i will have to spent days/weeks going back an forth with a bunch of blacklist service providers to get this straightened out.
dry.gif
Mikey914
Thanks for your hard work Andy.
eric9144
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 10 2021, 12:38 PM) *

a bunch of members have flagged our notification emails as SPAM

headbang.gif ar15.gif
Sorry Andy (wasn't me shades.gif ) thanks for all you do!
mrholland2
Thanks for your hard work. I'm guessing that some folks have that flagging automated and don't even realize it happened? I'm hoping?
ndfrigi
Thank you again @SirAndy!
Cairo94507
I am sorry you are having to deal with this. I hope you can work it out so that never happens again causing you to waste your time. Thanks for taking care of all of us. beerchug.gif
PanelBilly
Would it help any if un-subscribed to anything?
VegasRacer
What an unnecessary PITA. bs.gif

Thank you fixing it and protecting us Sir Andy. pray.gif
Mark Henry
I had an odd thing happen with gmail and the PM this AM, a member PM'ed me and I got the gmail, but I couldn't find the PM anywhere in my 914world personal message page.

confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ May 10 2021, 02:27 PM) *

Would it help any if un-subscribed to anything?

@PanelBilly No need for that ...
shades.gif
StarBear
Thanks, @SirAndy !
I haven't received e-mail notifications for a few years; seems like Optimum (Altice) rejects any auto emails generated through a Verizon server (so one techie told me). Some sort of Pi$$ing match, probably. Tried calling their Customer Service folks a few times, but gave up. beer.gif
tygaboy
@SirAndy - Thanks so much for all the crap you do to support us!
mgarrison
@SirAndy - Thanks for keeping the lights on. IT is a thankless job... pray.gif
MM1
@SirAndy - very sorry to hear this.

Yup - I learned the first week that I joined (several years ago now), that I subscribe to so many topics so I can find them later that my mailbox was exploding . . .stopped that quickly. I figure that if I need to know how the dice are rolling, I'll just sit at the table and watch closely. . . type.gif

We appreciate all that you and the administrators do - more than words/emojis can express.
iankarr
Thanks for your amazing efforts in keeping our group therapy platform running smoothly!
MM1
QUOTE(iankarr @ May 10 2021, 11:12 PM) *

Thanks for your amazing efforts in keeping our group therapy platform running smoothly!

Well said, Ian - yes, Sir - group therapy platform!

Dr.SirAndy, perhaps? Sir Dr.Andy has quite a ring to it . . . evilgrin.gif
euro911
Sorry to hear shit like this happened, Andy.

Nobody should have to spend precious time to deal with other people's F-ups. It's even worse when you reach the age of limited headroom dry.gif
SirAndy
icon_bump.gif
Literati914
It IS appreciated Andy smiley_notworthy.gif
Movin6
Sorry to hear. Sounds like a male version of a Karen complained about their own notices?!

Was wondering why I wasn't receiving...

Thanks SirAndy for all the work. Keeping a 914 site running likely is harder than keeping a 914 running!
913B
icon_bump.gif

Just saw this thread.

Thanks Andy for everything you do!
Tom_T
I just saw it after asking Andy whatz-up.

Too bad a few ruined it for all, & caused Andy such headaches.

I've been so buried this year & 2019-20 working 10-16/7 days that I've had no time for anything, but had wondered why my 914world subscriptions weren't coming anymore.

I just saw that they were all no email notifications when Jeff Bowlsby PMed to check up on how I was doing with COVID & all - & I got that email notification on PMs at least. Good guy to check up on us.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
robkammer
I was wondering why I seemed to be disconnected suddenly from the forums.
Hope you can get it back to normal!

QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 10 2021, 03:38 PM) *

I had to turn OFF email notifications for Forum/Thread subscriptions and they will have to stay OFF for quite some time.
sad.gif

Unfortunately, a bunch of members have flagged our notification emails as SPAM even though they have to OPT-IN to receive those notifications and as a result we have been blacklisted by many of the larger email services, like gmail etc.
headbang.gif

This means i will have to spent days/weeks going back an forth with a bunch of blacklist service providers to get this straightened out.
dry.gif
CCE
Thanks SirAndy, It wasn’t me, I just arrived.
TheCabinetmaker
Almost makes the pm system useless. If you don't visit the site for s month, you could miss a lot of important messages.
Freezin 914
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Jul 22 2022, 12:44 PM) *

Almost makes the pm system useless. If you don't visit the site for s month, you could miss a lot of important messages.

So for a bit of clarification, pms will not work?
Freezin 914

SirAndy
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Jul 24 2022, 05:37 AM) *

@Freezin 914

PMs work just fine, this is about email notifications ...
dry.gif
Freezin 914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 24 2022, 11:03 AM) *

QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Jul 24 2022, 05:37 AM) *

@Freezin 914

PMs work just fine, this is about email notifications ...
dry.gif

Ok, thank you @SirAndy
roundtwo
Gosh what a pain in the ass we are!!! Not an admission of guilt.
Thanks Andy for all the work it takes to keep this forum up and running.
Rand
Thank you my brother in tech for continuing to serve us. It is a lot of work that typically goes un-noticed.
sithot
I sent $25 today.

Thanks for making this place possible.

Tom
sithot
A work-around link for e-mail updates takes me directly to the threads I've followed or have posted in. I've saved it in "Bookmarks" on my computer. One click!

Go to Notifications on main site.
My Controls will appear above the Meme with the Red 914
Click on it.
Next screen will be:Welcome to Your Control Panel
"View Topics" under Subscriptions in the far left column should give your anything followed or posted in.

First:
Click to view attachment

Second:
Click to view attachment

Third:
Click to view attachment

Voila!
Click to view attachment
Bruce Hinds
any idea when and if the email notification may come back on? I really miss seeing stuff. popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.