Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 intermediate plate ??'s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
degreeoff
Hello,

Will the 914-6 intermediate plate fit a side shifter tranny and allow use of the stock throttle setup, I have one lined up for my conversion but don't know if it will work??

If you've BTDT I would love your input.

Thanks
Fellow teener Josh getting ready to graduate.....INTO A 200HP 6ER!!
Cap'n Krusty
Rich Johnson sells a conversion kit that makes it easy, and it works well. Changing the plate runs the risk of damaging the bearings at a cost of over 200 bucks EACH (new prices), needing new gaskets, and the labor to do the swap. The Cap'n
Red-Beard
I sideshift converted my 914/6 tranny.

You definitely can use the 914/6 plate, but you do have to then do the work to set the pinion depth.
ClayPerrine
Get a tailshift tranny with the proper intermediate plate. Pull it apart just enough to install the side shifter parts. During reassembly, put the side shifter tail housing on it.

TADA!!! Instant side shifter tranny with the proper /6 throttle linkage. biggrin.gif

Red-Beard
Yep! The early tail shifters have the hole in the plate, just transfer the throttle rod.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.