Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: gotta love summer thunderstorms in the midwest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
it's been way hot and even more humid the last couple days, it stormed a bit last night, but it's going off right now and we have tornado warnings for the next 40 minutes. It's still hot outside or I'd go sit and watch from the front porch.
SpecialK
Looks pretty wicked Sean! ohmy.gif

What did you do, wash and wax your car today? Always works for me. wink.gif
Bruce Allert
when I lived in Dickieville NortDakota my wife & I would chase the storms in our little 62 Buick Special convertable. BigAss storms with L I G H T N I N G & T H U N D E R beer.gif Ain't no storms like midwest storms. They gosts BIG SKY TOO!!!

......b
RustyWa
We just got back from visiting my family back in North Dakota. We slept in a 15' trailer. First night stormed like crazy. Hail, wind, lightening. Went on for hours. The lightening flashes were almost solid. The next night we had rain, wind, lightening and tornado warnings.

Funny thing was that my family failed to tell us about the warnings until the next morning. I love my family. I guess that's why I only visit every other year.
Dave_Darling
I do not miss the weather out in the midwest!! Glad I moved out to where we only have to worry about the ground moving around.

--DD
SpecialK
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Jul 21 2005, 09:30 PM)
I do not miss the weather out in the midwest!! Glad I moved out to where we only have to worry about the ground moving around.

--DD

Ah, come on Dave. You have to admit there's a certain thrill about looking to the west, and seeing a massive wall of black clouds, with a green tint heading for you! hide.gif

....what's that you say? Tornados sound like a freight train? unsure.gif Well, I've got tracks within 1/4 mile on both sides of my house........luckly tornodo's don't have horns or I'd really be screwed!
crash914
I was in the middle of it last night....about 10:00 pm comming back from the red garter to the airport....wow!

a big strike next to me on the freeway! sparks everywhere! it was cool.
seanery
haha, our Red Garter? laugh.gif

My basement actually flooded last night with all the rain. sad.gif
Dr Evil
So when are the hats gonna be ready? wink.gif

Just kidding!

I had lots of storms on my way across this week. Luckily none of them were dangerous except maybe the sand storm in AZ. I hope your home doesn't get knocked off of its wheels biggrin.gif If it ain't on wheels then you have nothing to fear unless you have pink flamingos in your yard. They are like tornado magnets ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.