Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Few more clutch/cable install questions...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914zim
Dudes:

Hope you guys don't mind, but I have a few more questions on the clutch replacement.

1. PP tech article, page 3, page 5 of 9 (top of page): "If you can turn the FLANGES on the transmission with the clutch pressed in, you're OK" Q: Where are these flanges referred to located?

2. What holds the Terry cable into the notch on the roller housing? The stock cable had the clip thingy which wrapped around the cable and had a peg which went into the hole in the housing. Will the cable tension hold the Terry cable in? Am I missing a part?

3. It's been quite a while since I removed the starter. Can anyone tell me which wires go where? (red, black (with circular terminals) and white (or is it yellow) with the spade terminal on it).

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Andy...
Trekkor
# 2. you can re-use the stock retaining clip with the bendable tab.

KT
McMark
#1: Have a buddy help you. If the clutch arm at the transmission stops moving before the pedal hits the stop, that's bad. There should be a movable stop bolted to the pedal board. If yours is missing, find one.

#2: What trekkor said. Use your old one.

#3: Spade connector goes to the spade terminal, everything else goes to the stud.
McMark
Here's my Andy-esque photo as a guide.

user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.