Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat Adjusting Handle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stickyfingers
Good day folks. Got a dandy. My 914 came with a busted driver side seat adjusting handle. So I ordered the handles from 914Rubber however I am not sure how I can get the piece of the old handle that's stuck in the channel. Looks like they were special bolts or something. Anyone have any ideas? Is there a quick how to remove the seat to be able to get to the channel (so I can have more room to work with)? See image below of my busted handle (part of the handle piece that you screw into place is still lodged in the channel).
Click to view attachment

Thank you in advance.
porschetub
QUOTE(stickyfingers @ May 13 2021, 09:09 AM) *

Good day folks. Got a dandy. My 914 came with a busted driver side seat adjusting handle. So I ordered the handles from 914Rubber however I am not sure how I can get the piece of the old handle that's stuck in the channel. Looks like they were special bolts or something. Anyone have any ideas? Is there a quick how to remove the seat to be able to get to the channel (so I can have more room to work with)? See image below of my busted handle (part of the handle piece that you screw into place is still lodged in the channel).
Click to view attachment

Thank you in advance.

Pretty sure they are rivets so you need to drill them out and bolt the new handles on,and yes you need to remove the sets,cheers.
ndfrigi
drill
stickyfingers
Thank you - I located a post to see how to do this.
Mikey914
You got it,
We designed them to simply screw on wher ethe old ones came off.
And if you brake mine we will replace it for free
LIFETIME WARRANTY
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.