Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time-sett kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RolinkHaus
Click to view attachment
bdstone914
[quote name='RolinkHaus' post='2915546' date='May 13 2021, 07:56 AM']

What size inserts is that for ? Are you selling it or just showing you have one ?
Mark Henry
Time-sert

The inserts come in different lengths, FYI you can't cut them down if they are too long, they won't lock.

I also have the kit for spark plug inserts.
RolinkHaus
Sorry instead of responding to a post I made one
RolinkHaus
Fixing the exhaust manifold
RolinkHaus
This kit was $90 Amazon
Superhawk996
@Rolinkhaus

Haven't seen you posting lately. Good to see you back. How is the car coming along? Post pictures.
RolinkHaus
Hey good just trying to fix an exhaust leak,I’ll try to post some pics Sunday.
Shivers
QUOTE(RolinkHaus @ May 13 2021, 09:16 AM) *

This kit was $90 Amazon

Not a bad price for 5 repairs. Now you have the tools, if needed you can buy just the time serts. Unless you find four others stripped, my kit still has three inserts in it and I've had them a dozen years. So it can be a long term investment. smile.gif
Jett
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ May 13 2021, 08:36 AM) *

Time-sert

The inserts come in different lengths, FYI you can't cut them down if they are too long, they won't lock.

I also have the kit for spark plug inserts.

Sorry for my lack of education here, but a tool like this can be used to repair a spark-plug hole threads? Our 73 1.7 popped a spark-lug out doing 80 on the hwy.

What size are our plugs threads and what should be the length for a spark plug time-sert?

Does the head need to come off or is there a way to protect the cylinder from debris?
Mark Henry
Here I'm doing the repair on a customers head.

Please Note I did NOT do the fin butcher job on this twin plug head, I'd never do crap machine work like this. If you get the twin plug mod from me there will be no broken fins!

IPB Image
IPB Image
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-26-1394732529.jpg
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Mark Henry
On engine you can grease the tap and go slow, it's been done many times. Not the best for the engine but it does work.
Front plug holes on 1.7/1.8 you likely have to R&R the engine and the engine tin.
M14x1.25 for 3/4 inch depth plugs.
Far superior to helicoils.

The bad...IIRC it's about a $300 kit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.