Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MSDS Headers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MedFly914
I had the pleasure of meeting Marty from MSDS. I purchased a set of Ceramic coated headers from him. He recommended a Spin Tech muffler. I ordered one about a month ago. I have not received it yet. Everytime I call for an update, I get an excuse and no ETA on my muffler. At this point I'm ready to cut ties with SpinTech and buy another brand. what does the community recommend? I have a 2 liter with dual 38's.

Thanks in advance.
mepstein
Everyone is having problems getting materials delivered.and work done. I would love to sell more mufflers but every stage of the process is backed up. Sometimes for months.
7TPorsh
I have Marty's header on my 2.4. Running the Camaro SpinTech muffler. Single inlet/dual outlet. Sounds awesome.
7TPorsh
Here's the install thread. SpinTech

MedFly914
Thanks for the replies. True everybody is having issues, but it doesn't take much to update a customer with a simple email. I've been left in the dark. I ordered the M2000 Mini stainless.
7TPorsh
QUOTE(MedFly914 @ May 14 2021, 04:32 PM) *

Thanks for the replies. True everybody is having issues, but it doesn't take much to update a customer with a simple email. I've been left in the dark. I ordered the M2000 Mini stainless.

Why don't you take a drive down there. They're in Riverside.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(MedFly914 @ May 14 2021, 01:40 PM) *

I had the pleasure of meeting Marty from MSDS. I purchased a set of Ceramic coated headers from him. He recommended a Spin Tech muffler. I ordered one about a month ago. I have not received it yet. Everytime I call for an update, I get an excuse and no ETA on my muffler. At this point I'm ready to cut ties with SpinTech and buy another brand. what does the community recommend? I have a 2 liter with dual 38's.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for choosing MSDS + hoping that SpinTech gets a handle on their raw materials ! We haven't had any bumps in material supply, but steel prices are going nuts sad.gif
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
If you need to get started sooner than later, DynoMax "Ultraflow" in stainless steel is a good QC muffler, with 2.250" in and out (center in/ offset out). Can be had at decent priceline at Jegs or Summit online.
Click to view attachment
mb911
I have had a horrible time getting stainless so inventory has been a no go. Recently I got caught up on my muffler back log and then ran out of flanges.
MedFly914
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ May 14 2021, 06:38 PM) *

QUOTE(MedFly914 @ May 14 2021, 04:32 PM) *

Why don't you take a drive down there. They're in Riverside.

No reason to drive an hour there and back if the muffler isn’t available.
MedFly914
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ May 15 2021, 12:17 AM) *

QUOTE(MedFly914 @ May 14 2021, 01:40 PM) *

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for choosing MSDS + hoping that SpinTech gets a handle on their raw materials ! We haven't had any bumps in material supply, but steel prices are going nuts sad.gif
Click to view attachment

Hey there! That’s a nice pic. Thanks again for your time. Can’t wait to have them installed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.