Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Worth saving?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
3stewarts
I recently bought a 70 914 to use for parts on another project. Now that it has been delivered I am reluctant to part it. I think it would make a great platform for a GT clone.
I am not ready to take on 2 projects, so I want to ask the collective: should I offer it up for sale “as is” or is it really just a parts candidate. My needs for the existing project would mean I cut sheet metal from this car.

Click to view attachment

The car obviously had body damage to the left side and the PO cut out all the fenders to facilitate flared fender.

The obligatory “hell hole” pic

Click to view attachment

The structure of the car is good. The dash is very good. The engine was allegedly overhauled and punched to 2.0 liters, starts and runs well. Shift linkage bushings are literally gone so it is difficult to drive. The brakes are very good.
I guess I’m fishing for a buyer. What I really need to know is would this car bring 3 or even 4 thousand dollars as is or should I make the effort to part it out ( after I get the stuff I need!)
3stewarts
Click to view attachment
930cabman
Looks like a keeper to me
914Sixer
Get what you need and sell the rest. No need to get bogged down with what IF. Get yours done YOUR way.
3stewarts
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 15 2021, 07:05 AM) *

Get what you need and sell the rest. No need to get bogged down with what IF. Get yours done YOUR way.

Sound advice Sixer. I like the way you think.
AZBanks
QUOTE(3stewarts @ May 15 2021, 06:26 AM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 15 2021, 07:05 AM) *

Sound advice Sixer. I like the way you think.

I disagree. A running, mostly sound 914 is always worth saving.
euro911
It looks like a good rebuildable project for someone, if not for you. It looks like the damage it sustained is similar to what my '71 has.

Without measurements to see if there's any other structural damage, it's not cast in stone, but it appears that a replacement left rear quarter panel to keep it a narrow body, and a little repair to the hell hole would make a good starting point ... or the start of a GT clone confused24.gif
FlaimBuilt
Let me know what your looking for $, Thanks
808 WRX
Save it. It sounds like a decent starting point and less rusty than some of the cars being fixed. Depending on what parts you need off of it, you could sell it as a roller or shell, use the money to buy the sections you need. Maybe the person who buys it has a car that is worse off than yours and you can cut the sections you need off of their car. screwy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.