Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Size and pitch of ski rack bolts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
What size are the captive nuts under the roll bar. I bought some 6mm bolts and they seem to be the wrong pitch or something. Are they fine thread? 5mm? What’s the secret?

Zach
bdstone914
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ May 15 2021, 02:48 PM) *

What size are the captive nuts under the roll bar. I bought some 6mm bolts and they seem to be the wrong pitch or something. Are they fine thread? 5mm? What’s the secret?

Zach

I think they are 6 x 1.0
Not many 5mm on the car
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ May 15 2021, 05:48 PM) *

Zach
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 15 2021, 06:49 PM) *

QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ May 15 2021, 02:48 PM) *

Zach

I think they are 6 x 1.0
Not many 5mm on the car

@VaccaRabite Bruce is right, I just went thru mounting mine, . It was difficult due to rust and paint in the threads. I used some lube and a little brush to try and clean threads, and on a coupe I used the M6 thread tool(tap?) and that finally cleaned out the threads well enough to get the bolts to start straight . It took a long time to fiddle with them and get them and n and started straight.
VaccaRabite
Yup, just a standard m6 1.00 pitch, but the threads were crapped up. I chased them with a tap and cleared them right up.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.