Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 Injector leaking
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FlacaProductions
I see that Rock Auto has them for $65.89/each - not bad.

I finally got back to my 914 after 15 months of Covid avoidance. Started it up and let it idle for 10 mins specifically to look for stuff like this and sure enough, one of the injectors was leaking.

Luckily, I borrowed an extra from a friend nearby but he wants to keep them for backups - understandable for sure. Put his in and it's dry as a bone - confirming it's the injector itself.

I should just go with the FJ67's from Rock and replace all four while I'm in there and ship my old ones off for rebuilding and keep what comes back for backups...right?

bobboinski
Seems like a good plan
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=343970
914Sixer
I have a rebuilt 2.0 injector if you want to go that route. Sealed in package. Can do picture later.
FlacaProductions
Hey Mark - thank you - I think i'm going to just go with a full set. Seems that when one goes....
RestoReese
I had all 4 of my OEM injectors rebuilt from https://www.mrinjector.us. $17.50 each and he tests them before and after. Includes new rubber gaskets.

Or, you can try buying the rubber gaskets - 1 large/1 small and see if that stops your leak.
914-Kazoo
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ May 15 2021, 07:22 PM) *

I see that Rock Auto has them for $65.89/each - not bad.

I finally got back to my 914 after 15 months of Covid avoidance. Started it up and let it idle for 10 mins specifically to look for stuff like this and sure enough, one of the injectors was leaking.

Luckily, I borrowed an extra from a friend nearby but he wants to keep them for backups - understandable for sure. Put his in and it's dry as a bone - confirming it's the injector itself.

I should just go with the FJ67's from Rock and replace all four while I'm in there and ship my old ones off for rebuilding and keep what comes back for backups...right?

READING THE INFO AT ROCK AUTO, DO THESE INJECTORS INSTALL WITHOUT THE TWO GASKETS? OR DID I MISS SOMETHING
FlacaProductions
I also ordered the STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS SK15 seal kit - comes with the small one for the tip and the bigger one for the body. In other words, you need the seals. The injectors themselves do not come with the seals.
windforfun
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ May 16 2021, 06:46 AM) *

Hey Mark - thank you - I think i'm going to just go with a full set. Seems that when one goes....

I replaced all of my FIs with genuine Bosch parts. I can't remember where I got them from or how much they cost.

How's it going dude?

biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.