Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dug out an old pillow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lesorubcheek
We were going through odds and ends and found this pillow from back in the day. I never sewed well but remember I took extra time trying to do this one correctly, back when I was 16 or 17. These pillow kits were very fun... wish someone would bring them back. I searched and found a few posts with these. There was a 911 coupe, targa, turbo, 924, speedster, and who knows how many others, all with different colors too.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Dan
euro911
My wife bought me a yellow 911 Targa pillow back in the '80s. Margie's pillows are worth 'big doughnuts' these days.
sb914
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2724642

She donated some of her pillows at the 2019 WCR, and i was lucky enough to get one.
smilie_pokal.gif
Root_Werks
Those are cool! Wish I could get a blue one.
Unobtanium-inc
They make good wallpaper too!

See if anyone can see what's wrong with the Speedster.
ValcoOscar
Her pillows are well-traveled.

Attending a local gathering beerchug.gif

O

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ May 17 2021, 08:26 AM) *

You sewed on the side panels backwards ...
rolleyes.gif
SKL1
Still have mine, plus a yellow Speedster and a red 911. Ran into her at a 000 Rare Shades event in LA about a year and half ago. She said she may make some more...
ClayPerrine
I bought one at Amelia Island for Betty in 2019.

She always wanted one, but couldn't find one. When I was told there was an orange one there, I RAN to the booth to get it for her.

wub.gif
lesorubcheek
QUOTE(SKL1 @ May 17 2021, 01:09 PM) *

Still have mine, plus a yellow Speedster and a red 911. Ran into her at a 000 Rare Shades event in LA about a year and half ago. She said she may make some more...

It'd be great to see these kits for sale again. These things were made with amazing quality. Don't think I've ever seen a pic of one ripped or hardly even faded. Mine's been sitting around for better than 40 years (like most I'd imagine) and the fabric and print still looks great.

Dan
Andyrew
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ May 17 2021, 08:44 AM) *

Her pillows are well-traveled.

Attending a local gathering beerchug.gif

O

Click to view attachment

I recognize that house! Miss you buddy!
mate914
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ May 17 2021, 11:26 AM) *

They make good wallpaper too!

The roof.
JmuRiz
HAHA, someone stiched the top panel on backwards smile.gif

I used to have a smokey and the bandit era trans-am pillow. Wish I had it or could find it.
euro911
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 17 2021, 10:42 AM) *
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ May 17 2021, 08:26 AM) *
IPB Image
You sewed on the side panels backwards ...
rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE(SKL1 @ May 17 2021, 11:09 AM) *
That's great news ... I'd like to get a couple more ... a Bahama Yellow 911 (912) coupe and a ivory/white 914 biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.