Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD - F/S 1974 914 2.0 Engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
whathaveidone
I purchased a large lot of Porsche 914 parts and I’m looking to sell this engine. It came out of a 1974 914, and has all components as far as I can tell. It is a djet fuel injection system. I tried to get some part numbers in there. If you would like any others i can get them as well. I have not been able to turn it over. I have other parts (transmission/exhaust/etc) so if you need those we can negotiate them as well.

Located in Mason Ohio

Price $1900 obo
Dropped price to $1600
I have other spare parts if that would make the deal for anyone.
whathaveidone
Curious if there is any interest here? icon_bump.gif
930cabman
I am, a little. Also looking at a rusted parts car and watching the $$, like everybody else. PM me with your bottom dollar.
Thank you
whathaveidone
Dropped the price. Mentioned other parts, here are some off the top of my head;

Fuel tank
Transmission housing (with container of parts)
Fuel pump (don’t believe it’s working but spins freely)

Looking for a little money to get my project car to start and a little garage space smile.gif
Shivers

"Transmission housing (with container of parts)"

Would you happen to have a shift console in that container you'd sell?
whathaveidone
QUOTE(Shivers @ May 22 2021, 07:53 AM) *

"Transmission housing (with container of parts)"

Would you happen to have a shift console in that container you'd sell?

Sent a PM. If I have a duplicate that I can’t use, I’d love to sell it.
bdstone914
QUOTE(whathaveidone @ May 21 2021, 10:51 AM) *

@whathaveidone

Does it turn over at least one full turn with resistance?
Hooking up that trans case and a starter and running a compression check will give some indication as to internal condition.
whathaveidone
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 22 2021, 10:12 AM) *

QUOTE(whathaveidone @ May 21 2021, 10:51 AM) *

@whathaveidone

Does it turn over at least one full turn with resistance?
Hooking up that trans case and a starter and running a compression check will give some indication as to internal condition.

I tried to turn it over and couldn’t. Someone had advised me that if it wasn’t simple I could do more damage by forcing it to turn (scratching cylinders, etc). I assume this will lower the price, but I’d rather be up front with it.
euro911
Pulling the spark plugs out and squirting some lightweight oil into the cylinders before cranking the starter will allow you to check the compression without damaging anything.
930cabman
Check your PM for an offer. If you accept would you strap it to a pallet and drop it off at your local Fastenal.
Thank you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.