Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS - Not quite a roller...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mbseto
This thing rolls but it falls short of being a roller. I got it as a parts car but I'm at a point now where I don't think I will be needing anything off it. I can post more pictures if there is any interest, but what you're seeing here is largely what there is. The rear trunk floor has been cut out, there is a hood, but no rear trunk lid, you can see the rear quarters have cutouts, and the windshield frame is there but it's been cut. The longs have reinforcement welded on, no idea what it looks like underneath. Edit for clarity: Those rear wheels are not included, although I could scrounge some steelies if it makes the deal work. Unibody and suspension - $200 obo.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
FlaimBuilt
I'm interested, can you please send me photos of inside front trunk driver side corner next to hinge and suspension. Thanks
930cabman
Put me in line too, what is lurking in the storage bins?
mbseto
@FlaimBuilt

Is this the area you mean? I can get better angles if you need.

Click to view attachment
930cabman
Can you take a few shots of the rear suspension mounting points? Cinci is a 6 1/2 hour ride, but I have done worse. U Haul and go
914forme
Matt your killing me, nope walk away, just walk away.

Thant could be fun in a sick sort of way screwy.gif

anybody have an Audi 6 speed, and a V6 TT, and some decent suspension to mount under this thing, I'm thinking cheap thrills racer for under 2K and take it to the GRM challenge.

What I would really like to do is Porsche Engine, say out of a Mecan Nice 2.0L Turbo 4 or 3.0L Turbo V6, and an Audi 6 speed, and then it would be the cheapest race car for a PCA event.

you have a title? I like driving my race cars on the street.
mbseto
@930cabman

You might make do with the driver's side, but the pass side has been reworked to hell and gone.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
mbseto
@914forme

I have been tempted to keep this too, but my current project is taking longer than I's hoped. And I've run out of places to store it. Best thing for it is probably a tube frame where you just keep the VIN and body and build a wide body monster. No need to worry about originality on this guy.
930cabman
I am still interested, and could possibly be swayed with any goodies in the blue bins?
annyung
Does it have a title?
mbseto
It does not have a *current* title. I have the last title that existed which was two owners ago. That title was never transferred to the guy that I bought it from, since he was going to build a race car out of it. But he had the paper and gave it to me. It is a KY title and would need to be transferred.
mbseto
@930cabman , I am not dodging your question, I just need to catalog what's in those bins. It's mostly all the bits and pieces from the chassis and interior.
930cabman
QUOTE(mbseto @ May 24 2021, 08:56 PM) *

@930cabman , I am not dodging your question, I just need to catalog what's in those bins. It's mostly all the bits and pieces from the chassis and interior.

Can you take a few photos to make it easy? I don't need a real inventory, just an idea.
FlaimBuilt
QUOTE(mbseto @ May 19 2021, 10:12 PM) *

@FlaimBuilt

Is this the area you mean? I can get better angles if you need.

Click to view attachment

Thanks, that looks a little better than mine but not worth the time to cut out and replace.
Thanks again for the photos
930cabman
Matt, If you could shoot a few pics of the contents in the bins and other misc. parts/pieces I could make the trip Friday or Saturday and take the hulk away.
thanks,
John G
mbseto
@930cabman sorry was out of town for the weekend. Here's a shot of the contents of the bins. There is a bucket of miscellaneous nuts and bolts not shown, also a bunch of sheetmetal bits trimmed off the body - nothing larger than what would fit in the bin. Otherwise, it's just what you see. Only one headlight motor, more calipers than there ought to be, the two big ones are supposedly BMW and unused although dirty from sitting around.

Click to view attachment
930cabman
Two things: The loose parts seem to have seen better days, are they useable?

Any chance you will, be making a trip to Stoddard this weekend? I am located in Buffalo, NY. I would make it worth your while to trailer the hulk to Cleveland.

Thank you,
John G
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(914forme @ May 20 2021, 08:24 PM) *

Matt your killing me, nope walk away, just walk away.

Thant could be fun in a sick sort of way screwy.gif

anybody have an Audi 6 speed, and a V6 TT, and some decent suspension to mount under this thing, I'm thinking cheap thrills racer for under 2K and take it to the GRM challenge.

What I would really like to do is Porsche Engine, say out of a Mecan Nice 2.0L Turbo 4 or 3.0L Turbo V6, and an Audi 6 speed, and then it would be the cheapest race car for a PCA event.

you have a title? I like driving my race cars on the street.

Stick a VW W12 in there hooked to a Cayman 6 speed.

W12 engines are getting cheap these days.

Clay
930cabman
Is there anybody home here??

mbseto
@930cabman - I think it is fair to say the parts have seen better days but I think they are usable. I'd probably rebuild the calipers before using them, but I believe they can be rebuilt.

Unfortunately, not planning any trips to Cleveland, but I could come as far as Columbus.
930cabman
QUOTE(mbseto @ Jun 3 2021, 09:49 AM) *

@930cabman - I think it is fair to say the parts have seen better days but I think they are usable. I'd probably rebuild the calipers before using them, but I believe they can be rebuilt.

Unfortunately, not planning any trips to Cleveland, but I could come as far as Columbus.

Check your PM
930cabman
Matt,
Do we have a deal? meet in Columbus next Saturday?
mbseto
I'm tied up this weekend. The 19th may work, I'll need to check on availability of truck and trailer.
930cabman
QUOTE(mbseto @ Jun 9 2021, 12:09 PM) *

I'm tied up this weekend. The 19th may work, I'll need to check on availability of truck and trailer.

Ok, call or text to let me know. I left my ph# on your PM
mbseto
bump - there's currently nothing pending on this, thought I'd give it one bump and if nothing comes up we'll fire up the sawzall...
930cabman
Check your PM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.